Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Oct 2015 Mums

Ilovemybebe is offline Registered User
    Hello AK1360
    Congrats to you too:) I remember how excited I was when I visit the OB for the first time! Seeing that little heart of my baby beating it was just amazing n touching! Im sure everything will go smooth with you too! Good luck !
    Are you guys getting any morning sickness? Mine was pretty bad when I was on my 7w ...the throwing up is ok...but my head was spinning like I was stuck on the roller coaster for days...no kidding! Was screaming to my husband ...I THINK IM GONNA DIE! Lucky that it only lasted a week...now I'm much better!

newbian is offline Registered User
    I'm 31 Ilovemybebe :)

I'm not throwing up but have lost my appetite and only want to eat bland foods.

Awesome! My younger sister did get any morning sickness too...but she is much younger than me...i hope it not because of the age! Looking like I'm the eldest one here...should of start having babies earlier haha...too busy with work...but now I stoped working...n just wanna focus on the baby first!
    Any of you are full time mum-to-be?

I mean my sister didn't get any morning sickness...

Hinhongkong is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

New to this pregnancy lark but so far so good.

There is a good article by Sassy about Private V Public - may be useful for some of you?

We got specific insurance so will go private but I have friends who have done both here successfully.

Be great to meet up with some of you fellow mums-to-be (or mums-again!) at some point!

Best H
    Last edited by shri; 03-20-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Hi there .. new users are not allowed to post links. FYI - http://www.geobaby.com/pregnancy/labour-birth

starz02 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

I have finally moved and settled into HK. Would any of you be up to meeting up sometime next week? Would be great to meet others who are experiencing the same things! Lunch or dinner (somewhere light and bland for the sake of all of your tummies right now)??

Hinhongkong is offline Registered User
    Hello Starz02,

Welcome to HK!

I am currently working full time and studying part time, so meeting up is going to be a challenge for me for the moment.

I finish work in June so will have lots more time on my hands from July onwards, so whilst I will be missing-in-action until then I will remain active on here, and look forward to connecting with everyone later!

Another website that might be useful as you are new to HK is "Meet-ups"? They have groups for everything on there. Also check out "HKMums" on Facebook....

When I moved here I found it really easy to meet people, many people have been through the expat experience themselves, and so they pass it forward and invite people freely.

MiniB is offline Registered User
    Hi Ilovemybebe

I'm 35 (going on 36 in June) and am a first timer so you're not alone! We waited a while before trying and then found we needed to go through the IVF route. I haven't been getting any morning sickness so feeling very lucky! I keep worrying though since I don't really feel much different than before getting pregnant...more bloated (could just be getting fat!)

I'm self employed and work from home which is great and means I have lots of flexibility for baby.

Newbian - as we had IVF, I had my first check up and ultrasound at 5 weeks...and happily saw a very small dot! I think normally the first OB checks are at 7-8 weeks as that's when you can first hear the heartbeat and really check the pregnancy is viable. We had our second OB check and scan at 6w6d - the measurement showed 6w2d and could hear the heartbeat then too - amazing stuff! Good luck with your check up

HinHongKong - welcome and congrats! I've heard HKMum's on facebook is really great group to join.

Starz02 - I can meet up next week sometime. Mon dinner, Tues Lunch/Dinner or Weds Dinner? My sister-in-law arrives on Thurs with our 3 year old nephew so I'll be busy for a couple of weeks after that.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast