Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By giginium
  • 1 Post By charade

can expat children apply for local kindergarten in HK?

wangthui is offline Registered User

Question can expat children apply for local kindergarten in HK?

my 2 years daughter is Taiwanese and we plan to move to HK in the autumn 2015. Can she study in local kindergarten in HK?

I have heard that there are very long waiting lists and that all of the schools have entrance tests even for 1 years old? Shall my daughter get interview in local school if we can apply for?

Where can I find the school list?

thank you!

rani is offline Administrator
    Yes Expat children can apply to local Kindergarten. Here's a list of schools across HK

KGP 2014
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

giginium is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by wangthui View Post
    my 2 years daughter is Taiwanese and we plan to move to HK in the autumn 2015. Can she study in local kindergarten in HK?

I have heard that there are very long waiting lists and that all of the schools have entrance tests even for 1 years old? Shall my daughter get interview in local school if we can apply for?

Where can I find the school list?

thank you!
    Some kindys take applications from birth so once you decide it would be a good idea to apply ASAP.

There aren't tests but interviews and the competition is fierce for the famous local kindys.

Please pm me if you would like some specific tips. I just sent my little one to nursery these past few months.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    wangthui likes this.

charade is offline Registered User
    If you're not looking at the most famous ones, lots of the local ones seem open to accepting non-hong kong applicants.

wangthui likes this.

Thank you so much!!

@giginium , I have a few questions as below:
    1) As Taiwanese citizen, we are tourist in HK and now are resident in Shanghai, how can we apply for pre-school? whether I just email to the kindergartens, fill out the application form and wait for their interviews?

2) do local kindergartens teach only cantonese language? because my daughter only understand Mandarin and Dutch (she is half Dutch).

3) do local kindergartens teach Chinese simplified or Chinese traditional?

4) What is the average price of school fee per year in the kindergartens? is very different price in HK island and Kowloon?

1) As Taiwanese citizen, we are tourist in HK and now are resident in Shanghai, how can we apply for pre-school? whether I just email to the kindergartens, fill out the application form and wait for their interviews?

2) do local kindergartens teach only cantonese language? because my daughter only understand Mandarin and Dutch (she is half Dutch).

4) What is the average price of school fee per year in the kindergartens? is very different price in HK island and Kowloon?

Thank you!!

giginium is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by wangthui View Post

Thank you!!
    Do you have an email address when I can send you more information?

Alternately, please email me at [email protected]