Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Recent Tsan Yuk/Queen Mary experiences

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    The screening includes an ultrasound and the blood test...

sunshine_hk is offline Registered User
    Great to know, thank you for your reply. Hope your pregnancy is going well :)

Yes thanks so far so good :) Hope all is good with you too!!

BebeG922 is offline Registered User
    My recent overall experience with Tsan Yuk/Queen Mary (I gave birth at QM on Jan. 31):

Tsan Yuk -Overall, long wait times for appointments, even though I had been booked and had had appointments. The only time I did not have to wait long was for GBS and additional scanning since I had gained less weight than most average expectant women. GBS was horrible. Performed by an inexperienced nurse who made swabbing very painful. She then attempted to re-swab me using the same swab. At that point I called her on it and made her use a new, clean sterile swab. Her response "ok, but stop flinching and pulling back." My response: "If you made it less painful, then I would see no need to flinch and pull back." My results were not even given to me (which only should happen if you test negative), and only when I was about to deliver I found out I had GBS.

Queen Mary: Overall, very professional, efficient staff. The only exception was when I entered the maternity ward (they make you wait 30-minutes to an hour) being assessed and monitored . This was at 3 A.M. An intern attempted to take insert an IV. For some odd reason she did not try the crook of my elbow, rather, on the back of my left palm and missed, making it very painful. She attempted again on the back of my palm and again missed. At that point I was screaming with blood all over the place (I screamed so loudly that two nurse midwives came running over to see what the commotion was about). I then had to instruct her where she should be attempting to insert and finally on the third try (as by my instruction) she successfully got the IV in.

Surgeon, while young, was very professional , possessed a calm demeanor and had my baby delivered safely.

So overall, my experience with Queen Mary would make me deem it a good hospital to deliver at if going the public route. I am mixed on Tsan Yuk but you have no choice with Tsan Yuk if you decide to deliver at Queen Mary.

sunshine_hk is offline Registered User
    Yes all good so far here too thank you (only 8.5 weeks though so very early days). Can I ask how many weeks you were when first went to Tsan Yuk? They have booked me for when I am 11 weeks. Is hat early enought to still have he NT scan/test?

The day I was booked in to register I was 11 weeks, 5 days according to my last menstrual period. They booked my NT test for that afternoon as I was in the "window". When they did the scan in the afternoon they measured and baby only measured 10 weeks and 3 days. They didn't do the blood test and made me another appointment as it was too early, the NT testing must be done between 11 weeks and 13 weeks 3 days or something like that... I went back on Friday for the testing and I think I was 12 weeks, 2 days or something (have lost track a bit now cos it changed, also 2nd time round I'm so busy with my daughter I'm just not keeping up with keeping track )... Was quite nice to "score an extra scan", always nice to have an extra opportunity to see bubs :)

slin is offline Registered User
    Thank you to all that have responded with your experience in QM, it's reassuring to know that despite all the little inconveniences and frustration you would still choose to deliver in QM again. :) think we will most likely go on public route and save the funds for our kids.

Once again, thank you so much for all your sharing!

Baby bubbles is offline Registered User
    Can anyone recall what I will need to bring for my registration at Tsan Yuk? I wrote it down and have misplaced that paper (preggo brain strikes).

I'm guessing HKID and passport and Dr referral.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast