Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Recent Tsan Yuk/Queen Mary experiences

TraceyHat is offline Registered User

Recent Tsan Yuk/Queen Mary experiences

Hi all, just wondering if there are any recent experiences... I had my daughter at QMH almost 3 years ago but it feels like a lifetime ago.... I'm about 7 weeks pregnant and just wondering if it's all still the same... What is the number I call for registration? Do they still do the 12 week Downs testing and scan and 20 week scan or have they also cut back? Thanks!

kam2350 is offline Registered User
    I think very little changes with the public hospitals here. It was the same as you mentioned for me going through Tsan Yuk and delivering at QMH a year ago. Though the visiting hours were cut back to 6-8pm only while i was there because of H7N9 scare in HK. :(

Cool, thanks!! That sucks about the visiting hours, it's so little already!! Hope it doesn't happen with me too! Called yesterday and have the registration appointment on 23 April so guess I'll get appointments for the scans and everything else then... Heard that other public hospitals have stopped offering the 20 week scan in the last few months so I'm interested to see if I'll still get one...

bravizzel is offline Registered User
    Hi, i'm currently going through public system Tsan Yuk and giving birth in Queen Mary. I got the 12 week down syndrome ultrasound test done and I am booked in for the 20 week ultrasound scan in April also at Tsan Yuk. The 20 week check up is split. On the same week as the ultraound scan at Tsan Yuk, i'll also be attending my local maternal health centre for check ups. This was all organised at Tsan Yuk
    rani likes this.

Oh that's great to hear, thanks!!

revesi is offline Registered User
    I gave birth at QM last week. Any particular answers you looking for?

Hi revesi, was mostly wondering about whether the 20 week scan is still offered as I've heard that's been stopped at some hospitals recently... Sounds like it is still offered at Tsan Yuk though! Congratulations, hope all is going well!!

revesi is offline Registered User
    All is well, thank you. Its wonderful rather :)
    Regarding the 20 week scan, yes you will def get one. They are pretty good at it, my scan showed some unclarity and they called me back for another one the very next day. Very thorough that I didnt feel the need to go private. If you push enough they might even give you a scan in the third trimester to check the growth of the baby. One of my friends managed this. You will also get one for downs syndrome but make sure you keep asking for one else they might try to skip it.

In general, persistently keep asking for what you want. QMH does not believe in informing patients about much. Be a little firm if possible. For instance, I managed to be discharged around 11 am by just being pushy else I have a feeling I would have sat there till 4 pm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast