Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you really need a stroller in HK??

Jojo2015 is offline Registered User

Do you really need a stroller in HK??

I have my heart set on bugaboo bee but having spoken to my friends who have babies I'm in two minds?! They hardly use their stroller and instead have been using a baby carrier most of the time as HK is very pram/stroller unfriendly...

Just wonder if all the mum-to-be out there are getting one and if you feel it's a must-have despite HK being so crowded etc?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

kam2350 is offline Registered User

I have a yoyo for the supposed extra convenience, but it is way easier using a carrier since i live in midlevels. Mind you, now bub is almost one, my back is killing me, and when we take the stroller away with us and try to use it with bub, she only has a small tolerance for it, and definitely won't sleep in it since she's not used to that. So, in hindsight, i wish i had've used the stroller more. The bugaboo comes with a car seat, doesn't it? That's good for transporting bub in the car, but makes it very heavy to lift up and down stairs etc in HK. Also, you may find bub will sleep in the stroller if rocked when nothing else works as a youngster - something else on the plus side of getting a stroller....

rani is offline Administrator

I would get a stroller. We did a lot of stroller friendly walks and it was easier when out he would fall asleep in it.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

charade is offline Registered User

I didn't use a stroller when the baby was very young. I used it when they were older, and I'd recommend getting a lightweight that's easy to fold and carry on stairs and even a secondhand one. My kids stopped using it fairly early so there's no point buying an expensive one. But it does help in the in-between stage. I'm HK it's pretty easy to buy anything as you need it, so you could wait until the need actually arises.

Loveisgood is offline Registered User

Definitely need a stroller, and use it often so bub gets use to it. There's no way you can just rely on a carrier, that's too much weight on your back as they get bigger. Good luck!

Jojo2015 is offline Registered User

Thanks for everyone's advices! Think I will go for something lighter than bugaboo bee - am looking at graco citilite and Aprika karoon! :)

stu79 is offline Registered User

We have a Bugaboo Bee and have never found it too heavy to use in HK. In fact, because it is so manoeuvrable I would recommend it because if you are wheeling it around time you will need to get through tight spaces quite a bit.

I'd suggest not going to heavy, but make sure whatever you get is easy to push around.

socal is offline Registered User

You definitely need a stroller in HK- a good urban one. I have the Peg Perego SI and it's probably the best investment. I'm on baby #2 and the stroller is still great. It's lightweight and folds standing so it doesn't take a lot of space. I also use my Ergobaby carrier lots, also using it for #2. If you are worried about baby not adjusting to stroller, it really is up to you to practice with them in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast