Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Guided tour - queen Mary hospital

Jojo2015 is offline Registered User

Guided tour - queen Mary hospital

Does anyone know if the hospital offer guided tour? I rang and the help desk lady who wasn't comfortable speaking English doesn't seem to understand what I mean?

Would be great if anyone could provide any guidance - Thx in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

kam2350 is offline Registered User
    I think this service comes and goes, depending on if an outbreak of bad cold/flu/other illness is present in HK or not. Government Health Department rules. This was the case for me when giving birth last year at QMH so I never got a tour. But ask about it at Tsan Yuk. If there's no outbreak or perceived risk, then they will put your name down on the list to attend the English (Held on one Saturday a month if i recall correctly) sessions. But they do book out very quickly. And even if you are on the list to attend a tour, they may be cancelled at any time, as per Health Department instructions. Good luck

Idoc2HK is offline Registered User
    I was able to schedule a tour using the online booking system when I signed up for antenatal classes.
    The website is: https://www3.ha.org.hk/QMH/Antenatal_class_booking/
    You need your TOPD number from Tsan Yuk. It can be found on the appointment slip they give you for your next visit. As the previous poster said the dates and spots are limited. I am signed up for the tour on Saturday, May 2. I hope there are still spots available.
    Good luck!

Thanks kam very helpful! We will ask when we visit tsan yuk next - guess it's not absolutely essential but would be nice to know the environment I will be giving birth and where things are etc :)

Thanks idoc2hk!! Very helpful!! :) much appreciated

poppy1 is offline Registered User
    The tour was pretty much useless for us (we just went 2 weeks ago). It lasted about 15 minutes and the tour guide's English wasn't good at all. On top of that, she wore a mask (everyone does), so no one understood a thing she said. Everyone left confused. Hopefully you will have a better experience!

So me and my husband registered and attended the tour end of May at QMH and actually found it very useful. We were lucky to have a well spoken English nurse and she was very nice and tried answering everyone's questions. Our tour last 30 mins with 15 mins Q&A at the end.

We felt a lot more comfortable knowing where to go and what the ward and labor room is like before birth. We were also shown the private ward if you choose to have private or semi-private room. Price is pretty steep and comparable to private hospital.

I highly recommend attending a hospital tour as it gives you a great opportunity to ask questions before birth like what's available and what you can and can't do at the hospital.