Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Nov 2015 Moms

Charlie22 is offline Registered User

Nov 2015 Moms

Hi all, it's my first pregnancy and extremely excited! Just had my 2nd U/S yesterday and had blood drawn for Down Syndrome test at a private clinic. Results will be available in 2 weeks time. Just wondering if I'm being paranoid and should also go for the NT scan at public hospital as well. Anyone is of the same thought?

newbian is offline Registered User
    Hi Charlie22 - my EDD is Nov. 4.

I also had my second US on Friday but I'm a week behind the EDD based on my last period, so I was only 11w2d. I have my DS blood test in a few weeks to make sure I'm in the 12-14 week range officially. The doctor says I'm in the low risk category and neither me or husband have any DS in the family so I'm not that worried. We have also agreed we would not terminate even if it was confirmed.

I am using a private doctor and planning to book a private hospital as well for the delivery.

Charlie22 is offline Registered User
    Hi newbian,

My EDD is Nov 8. When I had my first u/s I was a few days further along than my LMD. My doc worked out my EDD based on the u/s result then. When I had my 2nd u/s on Fri, I was again a couple of days ahead than the 1st u/s but doc said stick to the EDD that was determined during the 1st u/s.

Ive been contemplating btw private and public for birth but I read that most private docs will push for c-sect, even my own current doc. Anyway, I'm still gonna register myself at QMH because if I do end up going public, that's the hospital of my choice cause my friend just had a baby there and she said it was good. I'll still be doing all my check ups with my private doc.

newbian is offline Registered User
    I went to the Annerley midwives clinic which holds free sessions discussing the differences between public and private. They made the point that getting an epidural at the public hospital is hit or miss. I'm terrified of not getting one and they said if you want to be guaranteed to get one, go private. I think if we have a second in HK I would consider public but for the first we are too scared, and our insurance will cover most of it.

My OB is not pushing for a c-section at all, but I have heard that some doctors are like that. There's great info on geobaby about different docs and how their attitudes are on normal vs. c-section. Have you spoken to your doctor about it specifically? At the end of the day, you are the patient and you are paying. A doctor can't force you to have a c-section.

Camilla12345 is offline Registered User
    Hi all.
    I am pregnant with my 3rd baby but this is my first one in Hong Kong. Would be nice to meet up sometime.

Winds123 is offline Registered User
    Hi all,

I am pregnant with my second baby and my due date is November 6th. I had a c-section the first time and hoping for a normal one this time.

If there is a mailing list for November due moms, please add me to it. It will be good to meet up.

cattykathy is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

I'm also pregnant with my second baby too and my due date is November 8th :) He/She is going to be a Scorpio like me :)

Yea, is there any mailing list or whatsapp group?

sheryllee is offline Registered User
    Hi! My due date is on Nov. 7 for our 2nd baby, since it is my first time to deliver a baby here in HK im a little bit confused and scared. I went to Tsun Yak Hospital for my check ups, wondering if I need to go to QMH and have an appointment for my delivery.

I am also a cesaerian on my first baby in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast