Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

My boy's allergy

Kt2231437 is offline Registered User

My boy's allergy

I have promised to share my experience here if I'm happy with my purchase, so here it is -

This girl Lai came to my place for a vacuum cleaner demonstration about 3 months ago. She's a lovely and cheerful Hk lady who can speak fluent English. I was actually quite surprised at first as I have had another demonstration before but the guy couldn't seem to understand a single question of mine...

Long story short, one of my boy have pretty bad allergy and it got much worse after we moved from California to Hong Kong (of cos!). It was quite devastating to see him sneezing all day long when I couldn't really do much about it.

So during Lai's demonstration, she showed us how to take away the dust mites from the mattress and trust me it's totally gross...she only vacuum for a few seconds and the sight was absolutely terrifying!!! I was shocked how dirty my mattress was...and we actually breathe in those super gross stuffs on a daily basis. She also showed us how the cleaner can be an air purifier and I just leave it on 24/7 now.

So after 3 months, my boy stopped sneezing! At least when he's at home, he is much much much better now. He got pretty tired and inactive back then when he had a bad allergy day, but now he's all good and running around all day.

I was skeptical at first but I'm quite happy with my purchase now.

Hope this is useful for you.

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    Is it the Rainbow vacuum? If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? Also having big allergy issues, sneezing non-stop!!

Oops....didn't realized i missed that piece of info out!!! Sorry! Yes it's the Rainbow vacuum. If you are interested, i can recommend the girl who helped me with that to you. I just don't know if she goes to Lantau but you can contact her. It was around 28k....but she gave me a few freebies so it turned out much better than it sounds, although what matters the most for me is really that i have my boy back!

Good luck to you! Another option is to get allergy shots, although you will have to take that continuously and I am not a big fan of medication to be honest.

rani is offline Administrator
    I did the demo for a Rainbow a few years ago, was pretty amazing. Also bought a groupon for a Pro Aqua cleaning service which is very similar Pro-Aqua Asia Apartment Cleaning and is a bit cheaper than the Rainbow. But in the end we went with a Dyson :)
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Oh ya....we were debating between a Dyson and Rainbow too...and frankly, Dyson does have a much more attractive look! :D Didn't consider pro aqua though because it's similar in price and it's actually not as good as a rainbow. We decided to go with Rainbow at the end because of the air cleansing feature. We were skeptical as it was quite a big investment but glad it all worked out...

i was at asiaxpat forum sharing this information, and somehow all my posts got deleted...i wasnt sure why until i read other reader's post. They are paid by Renaud, a online store selling competitive products. So they deleted my posts! I didn't even mention any brand on my post! This is so ridiculous, I will never use them again! Who will read it for recommendations when they are biased?

Sorry i know this is irrelevant, but i m very offended.