Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Montessori Schools

sj84 is offline Registered User

Montessori Schools

Need to get some advice from parents that have kids in the Montessori system

1) Which montessori schools fare better in term of giving true montessori program?

2) I have found these 3 montessori schools - DMS (central branch), Island Children Montessori School (ICMS) and International Montessori School (IMS ). Are there any more good ones? We lived in Kowloon area but there aren't much options here or am i missing out on something?

3) Is it difficult for a child to go from a montessori based school to traditional school route after 6 years old?

4) Notice any changes in your kids behaviour after attending Montessori system?

catan is offline Registered User

My child isn't in a Montessori school; however, there is one in Kowloon Tong called Infinity Children's School (Infinity) .

I attended their Parent Education Class and found it very informative on early childhood education and Montessori. My nephew attended their observation class when he was 12 months old. His mother likes the school but the location isn't convenient for them.

newbian is offline Registered User

I can't speak to HK specifically but I attended Montessori school as a young child and loved it. I went to a "normal" (American) school from Kindergarten onwards and was well ahead of my classmates in reading and math due to the level of independent learning that Montessori allows. I will certainly be looking into the HK options for Montessori when my little one is ready for nursery school.

sj84 is offline Registered User

Thanks for the reply. I have visited some of the schools to get a feel of the school environment and teachers..gg to ready up on montessori before making my choice

sparkeye is offline Registered User

I have full set of little montessorian and would like to sell. This is including the bonus set. Interested please pm.

mudita is offline Registered User

Hi sj84
    It's been 4 years since u posted this question and today I have the exact same questions while deciding a kindergarten for my daughter.
    What was your experience and how was the transition from Montessori to regular school in Hong Kong

birdymama is offline Registered User

I got the same questions on comparing these 3 schools now too. Anyone can share their experience

southlanecherry is offline Registered User

Bumping this thread because I have the same questions.

1) Which montessori schools fare better in term of giving true montessori program?

2) Island Children Montessori School (ICMS) and International Montessori School (IMS ). Which one is better?

3) Is it difficult for a child to go from a montessori based school to traditional school route after 6 years old?

4) Notice any changes in your kids behaviour after attending Montessori system?