Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

my wifes pregnant need help and solutions

icies is offline Registered User

my wifes pregnant need help and solutions

i am here in hongkong long time now and i got permanent id but my wife id process in taking longer then i expect and she is pregnant her delivery date is 31st of this month and without her id i can't pay the hospital fees which charges her coz she has no id yet and i tried to refer this to immigration but they are taking no action about it and iam really in the end of the month is there any solution i can get ?

cetice is offline Registered User
    Exactly our case and there is nothing you can do to speed up the process.

My husband applied for an Amex, paid with that, later the insurance from the company paid him back, not the total but most of it.

We delivered at Union Hospital on Sep 2014, the best fee among private hospitals and very good service.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    I wouldn't count on getting the HKID card before the 31st. You should really make arrangements to book a private hospital now, because if you show up at a public hospital they will charge you extra fees if your wife is non resident and did not have any pre-natal care done by the maternal clinics. A public hospital in this situation may actually be more expensive than going private.

Where has your wife had her pre-natal care? Have you looked into a private hospital? Try the Precious Blood Hospital - they have the cheapest private share ward rates, but as your wife could go into labour any day, you better get a booking ASAP.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Just found this extra information for you regarding public hospital costs for non-residents. Pregnant in Hong Kong: Public vs. Private Hospitals - Hong Kong GeoBaby

If you're not a Hong Kong resident and don't hold an HK ID Card, the Obstetric Package from the Hospital Authority is $39,000, including 1 antenatal check-up, delivery service, and 3 days of hospitalization. Any extra days of hospitalization will cost $3,300 per day, and any extra antenatal appointments are $700 each.

It should be noted, if you register for an Obstetric Package as a non-resident but did not undergo an antenatal check-up provided by the Hospital Authority, your fee will be an additional $51,000, bringing the package total to $90,000 . This additional fee will also apply if you arrive at a public hospital for delivery without having confirmed a booking.

Non-residents (those without Hong Kong Identity Cards) that plan to use public services must register at the Government Maternal Clinic ASAP as each hospital has a strict quota for non-residents, and booking must be done in person by the pregnant individual.

Sadly, nevertheless those packages... public hospitals are not admitting anyone without HKID, they were allow to this for HA since 2013 I think. It seems those packages are just for the very real emergencies and of course the hospital can not denied the service but still will charge a fee. I know this because my husband and me tried to book in 3 public hospitals in Sha Tin, base in that information, and they all told us no, that we have to go private because the pregnant (me) did not have HKID, regardless that I already had the visa but was just waiting for the HKID and my husband already had the visa and HKID.

Sorry... I was not waiting for the HKID, I was waiting for the visa.