Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Nift Test

jwc209 is offline Registered User

Nift Test

Hi ladies,

I have a dilemma and need your advise. I am 36 years old and pregnant with my second baby. I have decided to go public but I was and will continue to see a private doctor to supplement the check ups.

My last period started on March 17. At first the private doctor told me I was 10 weeks but at last Friday's check up he said the baby is actually 11 weeks 2 days. So the baby is 11 weeks 5 days today (June 1). The earliest appointment I can get at public is next Thursday when baby is 13 weeks 1 day.

I was going to wait for the test result from Oscar then go for the Nift. But now maybe I won't get the result until 14 weeks. I am wondering if by then it will be too late to do the Nift as the doctor recommended to do the test at 12 weeks. So should I suck it up and pay to get the Nift done now before the Oscar?

What would you do in my shoes? Thank you for your advise.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Hi there. Since you plan on getting the nifty test anyway, it seems unnecessary to wait for the oscar test to be done first.

jwc209 is offline Registered User
    sorry I was not clear. Due to the cost, I was not going to get Nifty test if the Oscar result is good.

Pandy is offline Registered User
    I recall that I was offered both Oscar and Nifty test to be done at the same time, but cant remember exactly when. You could pay for the Oscar to be done earlier, which is much cheaper than the Nifty.

itsloub is offline Registered User
    I was told you can get the test done from 9 weeks plus. The one I had they could also take a dna sample from my husband to ensure the results where the most accurate. I had the Oscar done with the pamarama test (similar to the nifty) but not the blood Oscar blood test.