Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Infertility support

Chewy is offline Registered User
    Hi Monste,

I didn't change much in terms of food. I did drink some Chinese herbal medicine/tea stuff from a local TCM - did this between egg collection and the transfer.

I did acupuncture the day before the transfer and again during the 2ww. I tried to keep up with my usual routine during the 2ww but I did not do any physical activity. And yes we were very lucky. Almost miscarried at 9 weeks which was very scary and think was down to me trying to do too much. So listen to your body...

I also resigned to the fact that we are each on our own fertility journey - so take advice that works for you.
    All the best!!

rainbowbrite is offline Registered User
    Congrats, Chewy - that's amazing! I have read that Troy Sing does not actually insert the needles himself, and that he gets his apprentices to do so - is that the case? I just wouldn't want to pay for his time only to be fobbed off to trainees...

Monste, good luck with your egg retrieval!

I've had one blastocyst transferred yesterday and am now going through the excruciating 2WW. Fingers crossed!

Chewy is offline Registered User
    Fingers and toes crossed rainbowbrite!

I have had Troy and the other lady interchange with inserting the needles and felt fine with either. I also went to Wellsoon TCM in Happy Valley as some days did not want to stress out trying to get to appointments in central when I lived in the valley. As long as acupuncturist was fully qualified through the university.

Once again, all the best :)

Monste is offline Registered User
    Got a call from the doctor today....12 eggs were retrieved, 10 mature but only 6 fertilised.....now have to wait to see how many actually make it to day 3.
    My last cycle saw 16 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilised and 7 good eggs..
    I'm quite upset and anxious why this cycle seems to have been not as good and anxious to know how many make day3....
    Doc recommended not doing day 5 given the amount that fertilised....

I know I only need 1 good one but based on my last try's I really think quantity would help
    í*½í¸“

Buddsy82 is offline Registered User
    Hi Monste,

Are you doing ICSI or natural? Keep positive, I believe that it is still a good result based on what my doctor has said to me.

My first IVF cycle had 16 retrieved, 6 fertilised and 5 made it to Day 5, all of which were ICSI.

Sending my best wishes for the next 3 days and hope you get good news. It's normal to be anxious, but let's just hope it is all in good hands.

Best wishes

Monste is offline Registered User
    Hi buddy

Yes ours are icsi...so we had 3 grade 1 eggs from this cycle...my last was 7 (4 grade 1 and 3 grade 2)
    He only put one back as I am high on hormones and chance of ohss

So if u don't mind me asking...did u want to do day 5 or did doc recommend? I am mixed on if day 3 is better and let the egg blast in natural environment or if day 5 better...how did u decided

Thanks for getting in touch

Browngal is offline Registered User
    Hi Monste, best of luck for your cycle. I've been through this journey for 2.5 years of IUIs and IVFs, so I know how it feels.
    I really wanted to do 5 day transfers and after some heart-breaking experiences also wanted my doc to do a 5-day transfer and also get PGS testing done, but my RE was against it.
    Touchwood - it worked on what was going to be our last try with that particular RE! For the cycle that worked, I did a few sessions of acupuncture and also took some Chinese herbs. Not sure if that helped, or it was just "probability", as my RE says.
    Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you want to talk further/ need more info.

MiniB is offline Registered User
    Hi Monste

Wishing you all the best on your 2ww. Our second cycle netted 3 grade 2 and 3 grade 2- so it's good that you've got some at grade 1. Keep positive.

Fingers crossed for you!
    Monste likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast