Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pre-natal Yoga / Pilates

Baby bubbles is offline Registered User

Pre-natal Yoga / Pilates

I just had my first pre-natal yoga class and loved it. It's a pay as you go class at The Sanctuary at a very reasonable $150 a session.

The down side is that it is at lunch time and I need an after work class ideally. I've searched around and found plenty of places that have pre-natal yoga / pilates but none that are pay as you go or included in a maternity package. I don't want to spend $12K for a year's subscription...any ideas?

Sjoh is offline Registered User
    I think the yoga room in Sheung wan is flexible and they have lots of evening classes. That's where I'm planning on going in a few weeks when I'm back in HK.

Thanks for responding, Sjoh!

I have done a little research and also found Yoga room to have the best schedule with 2 evening classes and 2 weekend classes as well as pre natal pilates and yoga during the day. They have quoted $3600 for 20 sessions to be used within 6 months ($180/class) for the shortest package. They also have longer packages that work out cheaper ($5100/30 classes, $6400/40 classes - valid 9 months).

Yoga Aloha on Hennessy Road seem like another decent choice with a Saturday class but no evenings. They do a 5 class package for $2000 for people who don't want to commit to longer packages and also charge $230 for drop in which seems reasonable.

I think I will sign up with Yoga Room after the summer too - see you there!

Sjoh is offline Registered User
    Thanks for letting me know about your research! See you there!

msong524 is offline Registered User
    Ladies - glad you found somewhere you really like!! But just wondering out of ignorance... couldn't you just do Hatha 1 or some "easier" yoga classes still when you are pregnant though? Just curious!! I'm just entering my 2nd trimester and have been just going to normal (but NOT hot) yoga classes. Anyone knowledgeable on this front?? Thanks!

I have literally only been to one yoga class in my life so I'm certainly no expert but what I noticed in pre-natal is that the class was all about being pregnant, not just modified. What I mean is that she had boosters for appropriate position (not flat on back for any part), she also focused primarily on the muscles of the lower back and pelvis, she was aware of positions where bellies would make balance tricky and she included visualisation and bonding with the baby.

So my take is that if you are experienced and comfortable, and you're instructor is experienced then by all means continue but I would rather have a class tailored to me as a total newbie.