Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Anyone due in March?

KateD is offline Registered User

Anyone due in March?

Hi @Nav We are in the same boat as you! Just arrived a week ago.
    Have you thought about using the public system instead on private? From the research I have been doing it seems that going private for scans but public for birth is the best option if you are looking for something a bit more affordable (assuming you have an HK ID?) Some public hospitals are supposed to have great reps especially queen Mary.
    I have my 12 week first scan in a few weeks which is when I will also register with the public system and a Maternal health center. I'm not sure if they provide you with more than one scan so for my 20 week I might have to pay for a private scan (think it's around $2500).
    There are also places like Annerley midwives where you can get packages that provide you with pre and post natal care etc. and all the info on public (and private) hospitals which is quite pricey but still keeper than private care!
    The downside to public though is that you can't choose your hospital! A hospital will be allocated to you depending on where you live.
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by KateD; 08-05-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Nav
    Nav is offline Registered User
    Thanks @rani
    I'd love to join on Sunday, feel free to send me details. [email protected]

And thanks for the article. All info is welcome.

Thanks @rani I'll look in it!

Nav
    Nav is offline Registered User
    Thanks @KateD
    Great to know it's not uncommon to do a mix of public/private, I'll certainly look into mixing it up. I'm due for a trip to Annerley to get some good insights too.

Hi @rani thanks for the link to the FB page. I don't actually use Facebook. Is there mother ,exams by which I van get some info bout the meet up on Sunday.

Thank you x

srajul48 is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies congratulations to you all!! I'm due on February 28 and it's my first one. All new to me so would be great to meet with you.

Alyson is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies

Congrats and it's good to meet people who are sailing in the same boat. It's my first and I'm due 10th March. I'm excited but for the past few days I have been suffering with terrible nausea:( I'm trying to keep some liquids down but even the smell of food is putting me off. Hope this passes soon and we can catch up.

Teenytiny is offline Registered User
    Yes keen to meet up! I'm moving this weekend then not long after heading off on holidays coming back 1st September. So I would have to propose a date in that month, how about 12 or 13th September for brunch? Obviously you ladies should meet before that if you can!

September is perfect for me @Teenytiny. We are just settling in so will be busy for the next month setting up our apartment and starting a new job. I would love to catch up with whoever is around. @Alyson I have just started getting nausea quite badly too. I'm put off food but try and make myself eat anyway because it makes it better. Even if it's just a piece of fruit, cucumber or something fresh! Hope you start to feel better in the next couple of weeks! Remember nausea is a good sign that your pregnancy a going well! (midwife told me this yesterday)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast