• 1 Post By Albina
  • 1 Post By Albina
  • 1 Post By MiniB
  • 1 Post By joneshk21

Queen Mary vs. Pamela Youde

slin is offline Registered User

Queen Mary vs. Pamela Youde

Hi mommies,

Urgent advise needed. I'm in my 35w and been registered under QMH all along. Recently I've discovered that in Pamela Youde, there is a semi private room option (in the special accommodation ward) which is less crowded.

If your home address allow you to choose either hospital, would you have opt for Queen Mary or Pamela Youde if you have had a smooth pregnancy so far with no complication. I've read through all QMH and PYNEH sharings here and seems like both generally have positive feedbacks (albeit some posts are dated years ago).

All views are welcome as this will be my first delivery in HK. Many thanks.

Albina is offline Registered User
    I vote for qmh. I delivered there in march. Loved the service so much, they all were very polite and nice from very beginning.
    slin likes this.

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    From what I've heard, staff at QMH are much more open-minded when it comes to labouring naturally, different birth positions etc. I have the choice too and am choosing QMH for the second time, was very happy there for number 1. A couple of my friends have had babies at Pamela youde and it just sounds a bit outdated and the support doesn't sound great... For me the labouring part is far more important than the ward after...

Albina is offline Registered User
    Btw in post delivery ward they were super nice and always checking you and your baby. It was very clean and a happy atmosphere. The nurse was always asking if i wanted to pee (sorrryyy) or change clothes, so she couldhelp me. I know that qmh has a special ward for babies who had some complications during or after delivery, so babies even from all private clinics like matilda are taken to qmh in this cases. So that means qmh has a great number of professional docs, special wards etc
    slin likes this.

MiniB is offline Registered User
    I had the option for either hospital as I live in Tin Hau but we also just moved from Sai Ying Pun so have proof of address there.

I opted for QMH after speaking to my OB and to Annerley midwives - they suggested the same as TraceyHat - a bit old fashioned at PY and more regimented. QMH is apparently much more international in out look and lets your hubby be with you from 3cm when you can go into the delivery room.
    slin likes this.

joneshk21 is offline Registered User
    I delivered my son at the QMH in April and they were absolutely fantastic. The care I had during labour and after I couldn't fault and my husband was pretty much allowed with me the whole time and the midwives would pop out to the corridor to update my mum who was here at the time.
    The aftercare of myself and baby in the public ward was brilliant albeit it wasn't very busy when I was there. I would thoroughly recommend this hospital
    slin likes this.

slin is offline Registered User
    thank you so much for all your sharings. We have decided to stay with QMH, another two weeks to go... praying all goes well :)