Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Activities in kennedytown for 3 year old!

bostonsophie is offline Registered User

Activities in kennedytown for 3 year old!

dear moms,
    I am moving for three months to hong kong starting in January with 3 year old and 6 month old. We will be in kennedytown. can you suggest
    a) any nearby classes for my 3 year old I could attend eg music classes, art classes, education classes, play centers? any playgrounds or good outdoor spaces?
    b) both children are still in diapers. Is there somewhere nearby I can buy diapers or I hear it is far cheaper to get them shipped over? \is there a good online place I can buy from easily?
    thanks so much. so grateful for any help (we are staying at the apartment block manhattan heights in kennedytown)
    sophie

Sleepy_panda is offline Registered User

Hi!
    I'm pretty new here too but there's a community centre that has a free indoor playroom near the kennedy town station I think. Westwood mall has a bunch of different places that offer classes like music, art, language and play. There's also a Funzone there. Hope that helps.

Idoc2HK is offline Registered User

Hi Sophie,

You will be right by Belcher Bay Park which is a nice outdoor space with a big playground. There is also a new playground near the MTR station at exit C. Also Woodlands pre-school just opened very close to Manhattan Heights.

Don't worry about places to buy diapers. There are a lot of grocery stores nearby. Fusion is right below manhattan heights. If you want to buy in bulk you could check out having them delivered from Gateway Supermarket the American store in Sheung Wan.

Idoc2HK is offline Registered User

Sophie,

You should also join the Kennedy Town Mums Facebook group. You can post specific questions about living in K-Town or search previous threads.

Good luck with your move!