Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

6weeks- due in June 2016

Lucyveronica is offline Registered User

6weeks- due in June 2016

Hello,
    I know this is early posting but would be good to know if anyone feeling the same as me!

I'm 6weeks and every day feels like a hangover day!;(
    I'm due my first ultrasound at week seven. Would be good to know what to expect!
    If anyone free, I'm always up for a mocktail, chat, cuppa whatever. I'm based in Olympic but work in central most days xx

StephenYong is offline Registered User
    Ha Ha, hang in there Lucy.
    As to the ultrasound at seven weeks, the baby will be no bigger than about 1 cm. There will be a pregnancy or gestational sac in your uterus and there should also be a yolk sac within the main sac (so we usually see 2 circles one bigger and another smaller one next to the fetus).
    If you have booked in our HA's government hospital, you will be booked to undergo an "OSCAR" down syndrome screening with both blood tests from you and an ultrasound to measure the skin fold thickness behind your baby's neck around 11 to 13 weeks.
    Sex can only be determined with ease after 16 weeks but may be deduced after 14.
    Although alcohol is allowable in pregnancy, a very modest intake (1 or 2 standard glasses or cans of beer per 1-2 weeks) or a teetotalling attitude would be best. Besides you don't wanna have more hangovers than you already to, right?
    Cheers,
    Stephen

Loveisgood is offline Registered User
    Hi Lucy
    My nausea started around week 5 and still going strong now at week 10! Yes it feels like a hangover everyday with some days being extremely awful. Would be great to meet n chat!

ddum is offline Registered User
    Hi Lucy
    I'm due in late May so we're very close in terms of due date. I also live in Olympic and would love to meet to chat. I haven't told anyone about my pregnancy yet (besides my husband) so would be good to share my thoughts and stories! I have mild nausea and feel tired easily nowadays.

Ruthieisacutie is offline Registered User
    Hi all

I'm due late April. I sympathise on the hangover feeling - all I seem to be able to eat at the moment is hangover food like bread and pasta, all healthy eating is out the window at the moment! I have my 12 week scan in a few days, can't wait to be able to tell everyone that I'm not just getting fat there is actually a baby in there!

I would love to meet up with people at a similar stage - I have 0 friends who are pregnant or who have kids in HK so would be great to meet some other ladies in the same boat. I' m Sheung Wan/Sai Ying Pun but work in Central.

MichG is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

I'm due late May and same, we haven't told anyone yet, apart from my sister in the UK as we had to bail on a ski trip next Feb!

I also live in Sai Ying Pun and would be great to meet up with ppl in the same position, although I'm probably not going to make myself very popular by saying that I haven't had any morning sickness yet, apart from the odd slightly queasy moment!

summerssunshine is offline Registered User
    Hello fellow mamas!

I am due on 1 May, labour day (haha). First baby and i found out at 5 weeks, after a massive weekend of junk boat boozing.

Had my 11 week scan yesterday, because i am travelling to Tokyo for work and wanted to know if everything was alright. It was totally emotional because my 7 week scan was a blob with a heartbeat...the 11 week scan included little feet and hands!

Am pretty much over the horrendous hangover/throwing up/all food is evil phase and am eating 3 meals a day. Gutted i have no cravings but plenty of food aversions. I've also morphed into a mad camel drinking litres of water a day and still parched!

I live in Kennedy Town and work on the island, often trotting around central.

summerssunshine is offline Registered User
    i had to cancel on a ski trip too =) have you nailed an ob and hospital yet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast