Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Antenatal Registration Appt. in Public Hospital

MichG is offline Registered User

Antenatal Registration Appt. in Public Hospital

Hi

We've recently found out that I'm pregnant with our first and have registered for our first appt at Tsan Yuk public hospital. It's called an antenatal registration appt. and I was told they are always scheduled for 11weeks and 5 days. I tried to find out from the hospital what would happen in this appt. (mainly will there be an ultrasound - maybe the only one I get?) as trying to see if my husband should take time from work to come with me (which he'd love to if it's a scan) or if that would happen in a later appt.

The hospital staff couldn't tell me - just maybe or maybe not was the answer I got! So I wondered if anyone could tell me when the ultra sound is - at this 11w 5d appt or at a later one?

Thanks!!
    x

TraceyHat is offline Registered User
    It depends... It's not always scheduled for 11 weeks and 5 days. When I was scheduled for registration I was just over 12 weeks according to my LMP so they sent me upstairs and I got an appointment for an ultrasound that afternoon as I was already within the timeframe for the downs testing... At the scan they saw that my times were out and I was actually less than 11 weeks so it wasn't actually the right timing so I had to go back 2 weeks later to redo the scan... When I went to register with my first 3 years ago I was just over 13 weeks and was sent up for the ultrasound straight away... It varies and they only decide once you're there, depends how far along you are and how full they are (if there are appointments available)

You will also get a 20 week ultrasound if going through Tsan Yuk/Queen Mary

Thanks Tracey, that's really helpful!

Good news about the 20 week scan too - I thought I'd read somewhere that they didn't offer these anymore in the public system, so good to hear that you had one at the same hospital!

Yes, I've heard that some of the other hospitals don't offer it anymore but I got it 3 years ago and now again at 20 weeks... I'm 36 weeks now so have just been through all of it so shout if there's anything else!

Thanks! Really appreciate it :)