Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Oca Young

Toddler choked on grapes

Oca Young is offline Registered User
    Tseung Kwan O

Toddler choked on grapes

Would you give your toddler a whole grape?

A few days I ago read an article about a 2 yo toddler in a coma due to choke on grape and found out recently that he died... This is the second article I read about choking hazard on eating grapes. The previous kid was brain dead..
    You can read the article here:
    Jacob Jenkins: Other parents share heartbreak after their children died choking on grapes following pizza Hut tragedy - Mirror Online

And yesterday at the park, I saw a mom giving grape to her toddler (around 15 months). I wanna run to her and tell her to not giving the whole grape due to choking hazard... (And the mom even left the kid while eating the grape!) But i did not do that and I just don't wanna be nosy.. So I just watched the toddler finish his grape and hope he did not choke.

Well, maybe through this I can share to all moms out there.. Please be more careful on giving food to your kids.. Although your kid already been able to chew food very well... Fruits like grapes, cherry tomatoes need be cut before giving them to your kid..

Kids do not understand and still learning and we are parents who are responsible to take care of them. But again, this is just sharing and mom knows best..
    Lillibet and kaka678 like this.

joanneandyj is offline Registered User

Thank you for sharing the info, it could save a life ~