Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Any other July 16 Mums to be?

Sypbump is offline Registered User

Yes I went to the London Medical Clinic (I recommend seeing Dr Tony) and they gave me a letter, I paid them and then just called up to book the appointment. The staff there were great. First a technician looked initially and pointed out the baby and its heartbeat then an obstetrician came and checked everything. I had been referred for internal ultrasound too but they didn't bother doing that as they saw everything was ok. It cost $1800 for both but they will reimburse me when I go back to the dr as only had one. They even let my husband take a video of it and I think when I go back to the dr we get print outs.

Happy Sunday to you too - I am carb loading and under a duvet - Hk has made me a weather wimp!

HannahJM81 is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations! I'm also from the UK and pregnant for the first time, due on 29th July. I live out in Tai Wai (NT) but work in Sheung Wan so would love to meet in the New Year.

I am feeling quite sick most days but hoping it might pass as my body gets used to all the changes happening!

Sypbump is offline Registered User

Hi Hannah

Congratulations to you too! Hope the sickness subsides soon. You have quite a commute so hope that's not been too rough with the sickness. I travel from mid levels to sha tin for work and the taxi rides have been interesting lately! I've not been sick but had the most awful heartburn so if anyone has any remedies please share.

Does anyone have any travel insurance that covers pregnancy? I think the HSBC one classes pregnancy as a pre-existing condition so it isn't covered.

I hope everyone is feeling ok and all check ups have gone well

prego is offline Registered User

Congrats, Hannah & SYPBump!
    I'm looking at delivery options, and it seems there's a huge difference between going public or private - is there no middle ground?? I've had friends given birth in Queen Mary but have heard some horror stories about the lack of patient care of late...

heidihtwong is offline Registered User

Hi everyone

I'm pregnant the first time, due early August. Still looking at delivery options.

I saw Dr Macor Wan 2 days ago for the first check up. He's very experienced apparently, but my husband and I felt rushed during the consultation, given that we paid HKD2,200 for the check up and we spent exactly 5 mins with the dr. He didn't answer any of our questions, only giving us a DVD at the end of the session saying it will answer any questions we have regarding natural birth/c-section, foods to eat and to avoid, etc. In general not a good experience :(

Anyway, I'm going to Annerley for the free seminar this Friday. After spending a lot of time on the internet looking through options (private/public), I'm tending towards giving birth in Queen Mary and supplementing with private care from Annerley. However, I'm keeping my options open and have made appointments with Dr. Grace Cheung from Central Health (she's pro-natural birth) and Dr Chung Ka Leung under my brother-in-law's (who is a liver surgeon) recommendation.

LaurieHK is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

I'm sorry i've been so quiet this last week.
    Sadly, my worst fear has been realised yesterday - after a week of strict bedrest, hospital visits and countless meds, my Dr confirmed that i've lost my baby. After 2+ years of trying for baby #1, and having given up hope of ever conceiving, I can't believe my miracle pregnancy has ended like this. I'm heartbroken.

I'm afraid i'm going to have to bid you all farewell as it's just going to be too hard to stay a member of this chat.
    I'm sending love to you all and praying you don't see any more heartbreak in the group.

Thanks for all your support over the last few weeks. I was excited about meeting you all.
    Laurie x

rhubarb is offline Registered User

Hi LaurieHK,

What devastating news. So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending love, prayers and positive energy for the future your way.

Rhubarb

LaurieHK likes this.

HannahJM81 is offline Registered User

Hi Laurie, so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you xxx

LaurieHK likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast