Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

+ve pregnancy test, what next?

Yozo is offline Registered User

+ve pregnancy test, what next?

I've just found out that I'm pregnant which we are so excited about, but have no idea what to do next! I'm about 5/6 weeks gone and already starting to feel quick sick.
    I guess the next step is to see a Gyn/Obs which I plan to do using private health insurance, but what happens at my 1st appointment? Another pregnancy test? Do they take blood? Scans of some description?
    Apologies, I'm absolutely clueless about the process in HK, any help much appreciated :) thankyou

Sjoh is offline Registered User
    Congratulations! At the first obstetrician appointment they did a scan to confirm the pregnancy and determine the gestational age. They also took bloods to test for several things including blood type and immunity status. I also received some information about the pregnancy and what to expect. Any questions I had were also answered. That was with a private obstetrician.
    Yozo likes this.

Thank you so much for your speedy response :) which doctor did you use?

Sjoh is offline Registered User
    Grace Cheung at Central Health :-)
    Yozo likes this.

22Bobinsky is offline Registered User
    Make sure you start taking your prenatal vitamins immediately!
    Yozo likes this.

youngkyk is offline Registered User
    Congrats Yozo! I've just found out today after a blood test that I am pregnant too! I tested very faintly positive on both home test kits last night, so went to a GP to confirm. The GP just did a test for hcg on the blood, don't think on anything else. I've booked for a OBGYN appointment for next week for further details - best of luck to both of us! =D

Anyone else due August/September 2016?

Ema Apriyani is offline Registered User
    Hi all,
    Gladly finally find new thread about this issue.

I also just find out that I am positive pregnant and have my first scan and also have doctors statement.
    But since I said to my doctor that I want to use Public Hospital service (I did my consultation and early check up in Sanatorium Hospital), she was not really keen and informative. She didn't give me any information and leave me on confused on what should I do next!

Should I go to the clinic? or I just go directly to Hospital?
    Which Clinic or Hospital I need to attend to report my pregnancy? I live in Wan Chai area.
    I called HK Maternal & Child Health Centres hot line just for answered by machine and still leave me clueless about what I should do next. What the procedures? How I start to have my antenatal service?

Any information regarding this issue will be appreciated much :)

Regards Clueless mom to be :)

Hi Ema, congratulations!

Firstly are you planning on having the baby at a public or private hospital? If public hospital then being in wan chai you may just about be in the catchment for queen Mary. So to register for antenatal check ups and birth you need to call Tsan Yuk hospital (which is the pre-natal clinic if you give birth at QM). Their no is 2589 2100. They will only let you register when you're 12 weeks and will give you info on appointments/ ID needed etc. If you're outside the catchment area they should be able to tell you which hospital to register with.
    Good luck and fee free to PM me if you're stuck :)

Z

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast