Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Managing deadlines for kindergarten admissions while interviewing at multiple schools

DeeVe is offline Registered User

Managing deadlines for kindergarten admissions while interviewing at multiple schools

I am considering kindergartens for my 15m old son in Taikoo Shing to North Pt. area.

He got an offer in Island Children's Montessori School (ICMS), the deadline for accepting which is 11-Jan (with a refundable debenture of 15000 HKD needed to secure the place).
    Meanwhie he has an interview at Victoria Nursery, Kornhill (VEO) on 16-Jan, which is my preference over ICMS.

I am inclined to pass the ICMS offer, and give the VEO a shot. Could anyone who has faced similar timing dilemmas share their experience/decision making process ? As a first time mom and expat, your perspectives would help!

Pandy is offline Registered User

When will your son be starting the school year ICMS? We have an offer from ICMS, but our letter says they will contact us in March for payment of fees. Do you have a back up if you give up ICMS, and dont get a spot at VEO?

The admission is for percasa September 2016. No backup. Any recommendations.

Are you also required to purchase a debenture ?

Pandy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeVe View Post
    The admission is for percasa September 2016. No backup. Any recommendations.
    We are also starting in September 2016, but as mentioned we dont need to pay until March. I guess we will pay the deposit then. Try calling the school and ask if you can have an extension. Almost everyone I know is applying for VEO - hence I heard a low chance of getting in, so you dont want to give up ICMS if you have no back up in case you dont get your child into VEO.