Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Tsan Yuk Hospital- recent experience?

mamamia7 is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies!! I am going for my 16 week checkup, this time with a doctor, at Tsan yuk next week. Does anyone know whether they will do a scan then too? Is it one or two scans in total at Tsan yuk? Hubby wants to know if he should tag along and have a look at the ultrasound or not thanks!!

Scotthk is offline Registered User
    Hello Mamamia7 -

There is no scan at the 16 week check up. You will meet with a doctor who will do an abdominal palpation exam (they feel your tummy), and a breast exam. You do get to hear the heartbeat with a doppler though, so it was worth having my husband there to hear that for the first time. They did make him stand behind a curtain in the corner though, which was very strange! You'll also answer a bunch of questions and have the opportunity to ask any that you may have.

You book your next appointments when you leave - the 20 week scan (which can be anywhere from 19-22 weeks) and the followup antenatal appointment (which may be at another clinic).

The whole process took around 3 and a half hours for us.

Good luck and congratulations! :)
    mamamia7, Leccs and Amanda Weeks like this.

Leccs is offline Registered User
    Hmm sorry not sure. I think they only do scans at 12 and 20 weeks. I think the 16 week app is just a check up. I've got my appointment on the 17th, let me know how you get on. Sorry not so helpful

mamamia7 is offline Registered User
    Thank you ScottHK!!! Leccs I will let you know how it goes :)

Kacie is offline Registered User
    I didn't get offered a 16 week appointment. Just 12 week and 20 week, where there will be another scan

I am going to treat myself to the 3D/4d scan package at Annerly later on.

Huong Dang is offline Registered User
    Hello,

I am now pregnant around 26 weeks, and just arrived in HK 3 weeks ago. Now I live in Wanchai and called to Tsan Yuk for the first appointment in July. But I will move to Kennedy Town next month. Is it possible to have antenatal check up still in Tsan Yuk? (I don't know Tsan Yuk and Queen Mary Hospital covers which areas).
    Thanks for your help.

Scotthk is offline Registered User
    Hi Huong -

K-Town is still covered by Tsan Yuk and QMH. It might be that they send you to a local clinic if you are low risk (I live in midlevels and I now go to a clinic on Queens Road instead of Tsan Yuk, but my neighbour has been sent to a clinic in Wan Chai, so perhaps that's luck of the draw!). The births and latter appointments will be at QMH though.

I hope that makes sense!
    Huong Dang likes this.

LLD
    LLD is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies,

I registered at Tsan Yuk last week, no scan or anything yet just the registration. I've just realised I don't have the pink record book or my doctor referral letter. Does anyone know if Tsan Yuk keep this or have I left it behind?!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12