Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Tsan Yuk Hospital- recent experience?

Leccs is offline Registered User

Tsan Yuk Hospital- recent experience?

Hi, just wondering if anyone had recent experience of Tsan Yuk Hospital. First pregnancy and new to Hong Kong.
    I've been reading/researching about the hospital but all the info is of some years ago. I have my first appointment there in a few weeks. I'd be very grateful for any information.

Many thanks

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi

Tsan Yuk is not a delivery hospital and only cover prenatal care. Deliveries happen at Queen Mary Hospital.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Scotthk is offline Registered User

Tsan Yuk - Booking Appointment

Hi Leccs -

It might be that you have already had your booking appointment by now, but just in case you haven't, here's how my appointment today went...

It seems that everyone turns up early for their appointment as it is based on a number system, much like a delicatessen in the UK. I arrived at 10:15 for my 10:30 appointment and was 6th in line. I waited about and hour and a half to see the nurse, although some this time was occupied with form filling, a video, a talk from a nurse about the upcoming appointment and a weight/height check. Do bring a book if you are prone to getting bored!

In the first room you hand over a couple of forms, answer a few questions about yourself/your partner and confirm whether or not you would like the NT (Down's) test. The next room is a blood test and then you book your future appointments.

My appointment for the NT test was scheduled for the same day (much to my surprise and relief!). They saw me right on my scheduled appointment time to do the scan (which they talked me through, pointing out the heartbeat, arms, legs, head etc.) The sonographer was kind and, whilst she wasn't able to give me any details about the NT result, was able to date the baby and print off a picture for my husband (which is charged at $240). My follow up appointment with the doctor is four weeks from now (at which point I will be 16weeks).

All in all, a pleasant experience. I found the staff to be friendly and caring (which is contrary to many of the threads I have read here recently). There is a sense that you are a number moving through the system, but even so the nurses attempt to make your visit comfortable.

I hope this helps!

This is so helpfull. Thank you very much.
    I've been reading lots and it definitely puts my mind at easy. My first appointment is the 30th March ?? very exciting!!!!

Kfitz is offline Registered User
    Hi there

Would be keen to hear how your appointment goes, mine is beginning of April at about 13 weeks due.
    Leccs likes this.

Definitely!

mrstoast is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    Have been recently for first appointment (first child too) to Tsan Yuk. As ScottHK explained, the first session has a lot of form filling in etc but everyone seemed helpful and friendly. After the blood test, I felt really faint so had to sit down and three different nurses came to check on me, bring me water, make sure I was warm enough etc which was very reassuring! There are a lot of people but they still have time to make sure everyone is ok. The level of English of everyone I spoke to was good and they could answer my questions. They scheduled the Down's screening scan on the same day too which was good and me saved having to take more time off work.
    Hope you have a good experience too!
    mamamia7 likes this.

Kfitz is offline Registered User
    This is so helpful and reassuring. It is so good to have such current feedback! I will report back after my appointment in April! Thanks ladies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast