Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Due in early Nov

Sar
    Sar is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I'm due November 12th. Wondered if anyone could help... I have been refused a 20 week scan in the public hospital. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Jboo is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

I'm due the same date as you ??. I'm too under the public health system. I went for my 12 week scan a few weeks ago and when they were trying to book my 20 week scan they initially said they couldn't guarantee I could get one. They put me in around 21 weeks in the end. What hospital are you going to? Have you had any private scans? Feel free to whatsapp on +447581030067 (still use my uk mum for whatsapp. Jen

Sar
    Hi Jen,
    Thanks for the quick response. I'm at Pamela Youde, Chai Wan. They definitely won't book me in, think I'll have to pay private! Which hospital are you booked into?

Charlott is offline Registered User
    Hi Jen/Sar,
    I'm also going to public hospital but I get my scans done by a private doctor. Dr Lam in Hennessy building on queens road central. He is one of the best for genetics test and scans. I'm due on 7th November and have my 20 weeks scan booked for 24th June.
    Hope this helps,
    Charlotte

Jboo is offline Registered User
    Hi Charlotte/ Sar,

I'm going to queen Elizabeth hospital and use Annerley, the 'best of both' scheme. Sar, if the hospital are saying no to private scan then yes if you can I would explore private. I was quite surprised when my hospital said they couldn't guarantee the the 20 week scan which I found a bit odd. Charlotte I will keep him in mind, he sounds very good ??
    Jen

cherrylaris is offline Registered User
    Hi Girls, congrats all and so good to find a group of November Mums! I am also expecting my first and also have zero experience with bubbas so this is going to be a steep learning curve! I am working full time in Quarry Bay if anyone has their office out there, and live mid-levels.

Sasha - will PM you my number to add to the whatsapp group and looking forward to a meetup when we can

Sar - I would def just go private if you can afford it - Annerley has the full programme but I started off with a few scans at the womens clinic in central with the wonderful Dr Alice Wong. She will charge 2000HKD for a scan and its both a great visual and great peace of mind.

Enjoy the weather everyone.

Sar
    Thanks everyone! I'm also with Annerley best of both, they've been great so far! I've managed to book a scan with Dr Kong from international doctors for the end of June. Would love to meet up with everyone...how do I join the whatsapp group?

cherrylaris is offline Registered User
    I think Sasha can add you if you PM her.

I think we are trying to organise a brunch this weekend if you can join

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast