Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Public or Private

Sar
    Sar is offline Registered User

Public or Private

Hi,
    My doctor has asked me to consider whether to opt for Public, Private or a combination. I am not covered for private and have no idea what the best option is or anyone to ask. I know that I don't want a delivery in a private hospital, it will probably be in QMH, but wondered about the care beforehand. Does anyone have any advice? It would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Scotthk is offline Registered User
    Hi Sar -

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I am sure that you have probably made your decision my now, but, if not, I can recommend the pubic system (at least from my experiences so far!). I am not covered for private care either, and worried about the public system after reading some negative posts online. However, waiting aside, I have found the staff at Tsan Yuk to be helpful, caring and friendly. I had a couple of early scans (before my booking appointment) at a private clinic and am doing antenatal classes at Annerley, but otherwise I am exclusively using the public system - I don't have a private OBGYN and I haven't had any supplementary appointments. This is my first baby and I will be delivering at QMH. I have heard mostly positive stories :)

If you would like any information about the appointment schedule in the public system, I can help with that.

Good luck!