Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Overseas IVF? Single Moms?

mingmay Guest

Overseas IVF? Single Moms?

Hi, has anyone had experience with overseas IVF?

Does any one know which countries allow IVF for single women? Anyone with experiences in Australia, South Africa or other Asian countries?

Any info with regards to costs, quality of care, donor sperm or any just any such experiences would be great. Thank you so much!!

mcoc is offline Registered User

i have few friends did IVF.. may be i can ask for u

Kacie is offline Registered User

Yes, I went to Cyprus and did it with cyprus IVF centre (Team Miracle). I am 6 months pregnant!!

Ea Nitsche Holm is offline Registered User

I froze my eggs with Dr wivat in Bangko 2.5 years ago, intending to use them to have a baby as a single woman using donor sperm when I was ready. I decided to go ahead next year and therefore contacted the clinic to enquire about exact pricing. I was informed that the law has changed and only the husbands sperm of a married couple is allowed to be used for this purpose, I was also told that the new law bans bringing MY frozen eggs out of Thailand. I went through the process of freezing at age 35 because I was told after a fertility test at 35 that I probably only had one year of fertility left. Now at age almost 38 I am panicking that my only chance to have a baby is held hostage in Thailand. I am devastated. I have been searching the interet forums ect but have found noone else in my situation and everything about the new law is concerning surrogates and not transport or usage of own frozen eggs. Does anyone out there have a similar experience and any idea what to do? Thanks

Maggie_gjl is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I used clinics in the UK, Thailand and eventually had success with a fantastic clinic in Athens. I also looked at Australia and US ( very expensive at that time). Thailand (as above, now tightened and probably not possible), KL (might be still possible) you generally have to fly in Caucasian donor sperm which impacts the price a lot).
    PM me for more info.
    Maggie