Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Mums Due early Feb 17

MilliGoh is offline Registered User

Mums Due early Feb 17

Hi all,

Just wondering if you have decided where to deliver? Private or public? Just read an article here that said waiting until 6/7 weeks is too late to register for Private....is that really true?!

Also would be great to meet up at some point as we are all going through the same stuff!

BW

Rosie

Mee82 is offline Registered User

Hi Rosie,
    I'm 8w and also haven't decided completely which way I'm going nor registered for Private yet. I hope we aren't too late! When I asked my OBJYN he didn't seem to be too concerned with registering me (he delivers at Matilda) but knew I was undecided on where I wanted to deliver.

mandzilla is offline Registered User

Hello Rosie and Mee82,

I am 7w and same here, havent booked or registered any hospital but my OB told me can start to consider and decide where to deliver as it can be full sometimes... guess i will have to make a decision on 9w when i go back for checkup! i have no idea how this system work in HK..... my due date is 14 Feb 2017, what if i have my labour few days early or after then the date i book for?!? i am thinking to go Matilda ....

Vonzi is offline Registered User

Hi everyone its finally 12 weeks, my due date is feb8th. I am still deciding private or gov , tough decision.
    I am currently seeing private Dr May Mok since week 6, and have been getting 4D ultra sounds every fortnight. The bad thing with government, they didn't schedule to see me until week 11 at tsan yuk, and doctors wont be seen til late week 14.
    I think I will continue to see both private and QM and decide little later in time. I do wish to deliver in QM, as I was born in QM, many of my friends given birth in QM had a good experience and hence my hubby works in QM so would be alot convenient . But lets see... it's still bit early to decide i guess!

DThk is offline Registered User

Hi ladies! Congrats to you all! I'm due around 3 Feb 17. Haven't really decided on anything yet!! Only just told my side of the family! Just happy to get to 13 weeks!

if anyone interested in starting a whatsapp group for early Feb then let me know as would be fun to keep in touch. Thinking I've got quite a lot to learn!

Davina

congrats!! Yes pls pls add me if you do start a whatsapp group:) my number is 69031900 would love to meet up with more mums to be! I am having a dilemma which hospital to choose, guess both private and gov has its goods and bads!I have one more month to decide, apparently some private need you to place 20,000 hkd deposit by week 16 or 20.

There will be an upcoming baby expo, I am so excited to go explore! I am going with some 'mums' so I can get more insight what I really need/ what is essential when baby arrives. I think it's probably a good idea to start walking around some baby stores now so have a rough idea what are the normal cost:) Mother care and Chicco all are having sale, so tempting!

Some doctors won't discuss birth plan/hospital until week 12, when baby is more stable. But you can ask about your private doctor if they can book you in earlier

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast