Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Matilda Hospital

smurphy is offline Registered User

Matilda Hospital

Hi fellow moms/moms-to-be!

Can anyone who gave birth at Matilda give any tips on how to get an appointment to view the maternity ward/get an initial consultation appointment?

I've been going back and forth with them via email (Just moved to HK from overseas) and calling them but they aren't much help over the phone. I've been given "Alice's" phone number but she never answers or calls back despite my messages. I was also told they do not allow walk-in visitors for the maternity ward as they don't want to "disappoint" mothers who might not be able to get an bed around their due date. Is this really true or are there mothers out there who just walked in? It seems like it would be easier to at least get an answer from someone in person?

As a backup, I've already visited Adventist and they were super responsive and it was relatively easy to get an appointment. Not sure why it's so difficult at Matilda?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

bel
    bel is offline Registered User
    Hi @smurphy

Thank you for considering Matilda as a choice for your delivery. We apologize for not being able to help immediately. For the maternity tour, it is more ideal to make an appointment as the ward situation is hard to predict all the time. We would be delighted to show you around and provide more information regarding your maternity stay. You can always reach us at 2849 0111 which is 24-hour operated or you can also send an email to [email protected] should you wish to know more information.

We look forward to meeting you soon.

Patient Service Team

smurphy is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I tried to make an appointment for the tour with you several times via email (before I had a HK phone number to call from) and the phone # stated. Left messages as well.
    Regardless, I've chosen to go to another private hospital that is more responsive: particularly to those moving to HK from abroad and may only need to communicate via email.
    Thanks!