Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Due in May 2017

s_federle is offline Registered User

Due in May 2017

Dear Ladies
    We are soon to relocate from Switzerland to HK and expect our first child in early May 2017. As I have not lived in HK yet I would be extremely grateful for any information you could share with me! I.e. pre-natal courses, doctors, hospitals, helpers, etc. We don't know exactly where we will have our apartment yet but it will be on HK island.
    Warm regards from cold Switzerland!
    Simone

vwhw is offline Registered User

Hi! I'm also due in May, this one will be my second! Looking forward to meeting any other May mommas-to-be in the coming months :)

Simone - welcome to Hong Kong! I'm no expert with the HK pregnancy but happy to try and answer any questions you have. You should look up Annerley, who are a great help in navigating pregnancy and child birth in HK, as well as join the Facebook group Hong Kong Moms which has a wealth of knowledge on anything related to Hong Kong in general. Good luck!

xViv

Hels is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies

Congratulations hope you are all feeling well. I am also due in May. Its my second child and gave birth to my first here in Hong Kong so Simone any questions you have just send me a message. If you have some private health insurance then the private hospitals in HK are really excellent, first choose your doctor and then they will give you a choice of hospitals and if you have some insurance but not enough for a private hospital delivery then Annerley can help you as they can give private support packages whilst actually having the birth in a public hospital. Annerley do a free info session you can sign up for which would probably be good for you to go to when you arrive in HK to help you navigate the minefield of pregnancy, birth and doctors in HK!

Helena

s_federle is offline Registered User

Many thanks for your responses and your offers to help! This is very kind. Will get back to your offer once I have figured out a few organisational things, such as the actual relocation date :-)
    Looking forward to relocate and get up and running.

mariababy is offline Registered User

Dear Ladies,
    Congratulations to all of you. I am also expecting my 2nd one which is due in end May 2017. Hv a daughter who is 2 years old now. How about the rest of you? I stay in Kennedy Town and work in Wanchai.
    Lets meet up once Simone is in HK. Hopefully we will hv more moms to be joining us by then. :)
    I am planning to join prenatal pilates with my earlier instructor, Jill Marshall starting Jan 2017. Let me know if any of you are interested.

Regards,
    Dipti
    -

MPKJ is offline Registered User

Congratulations ladies !
    Am expecting a baby girl by end of May 2017. I have been in HK for around 1.5 years and after much research have chosen to go via the public healthcare system in HK. I am registered with Queen Mary hospital and they have been extremely helpful and I feel very well taken care of so far. I have also registered for prenatal english classes with them starting February . The classes you mention sound interesting too Dipti. I would be happy to meet up with more expecting mom's when it's planned . I live in north point and work in Kwun Tong. Look forward to more conversations that would help us all.

- Maneesha

Ambersh01 is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

I am also due in May'17, expecting my second boy! I also gave birth to my first in Matilda here in HK, very well looked after with great nurses and Obs. I am having my second there too. I would love to meet up when the group forms, I live in Mid Levels.

Amber

Excited is offline Registered User

Hello Everyone,

I am going to have my first baby girl this May. I have chosen my doctor from Central Health Clinic and if everything goes right, the delivery will be in Matilda hospital. I also have registered for the prenatal classes in Central Health Clinic. I would like to meet with other pregnant ladies. Is there any meetup here?

Nicki Bertram likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast