Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


Can a HK birth certificate be revised to include Fathers name?

  1. #1
    obernass is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Can a HK birth certificate be revised to include Fathers name?

    I am German and father of a Child born to a Indonesian mother in Hong Kong. As we are not married, the Child is illegitimate.

    Due to my absence upon registration the HK birth certificate of the Child does not mention any father.

    Is there any way to revise the birth certificate to include me as the father? For instance by making a declaration of acknowledgement of parentage or anything similar?

    Many thanks


  2. #2
    Editor is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Would recommend you email immigration directly.

    [email protected]

Similar Threads

  1. Add Chinese name on HK birth certificate
    By elisakathy in forum Moving Forums
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2016, 10:55 PM
  2. Birth Certificate Question
    By BabyG in forum Babies Born in 2010
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 11:31 PM
  4. Wow.. just wow, receiving your baby birth certificate
    By keninhk in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
  5. Australian birth certificate and passport
    By Tracey Nicole in forum Preparing for the Arrival
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 05:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top