Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Terminating helper with one month notice

Cana is offline Registered User

Terminating helper with one month notice

Hello.
    My husband I decided to terminate the contract with our helper with one month notice.
    (The reasons are many... she is not good at looking after our children, she asked advanced salary several times, easily broke our belongings and never informed us and never apology, always gives me a lot of excuses, does different things from my order....etc. Tried to improve the situation but unfortunately things aren't going well)

My question is, I'm worrying if she could work and act normally after we tell her about termination. Are there any good ways to keep her behavior okay? I heard some bad stories, and I know that's why many people terminate with one month salary and let helpers go. But we want to try one month notice because we thinks at least she is not a person who steals money so far....
    Any ideas would be great.
    TIA

Cici is offline Registered User

Personally, I haven't given one months notice. I have terminated twice- both times for stealing (we have been so unlucky with our choice of helpers!). Anyway, both times we gave one months salary and immediate termination as can't imagine what else they would steal if given 1 months notice. After one of them left we found alot of our belongings (not of monetry value )such as new shampoos, toothbrushes, tinned abalone etc " hidden" in her room.

Cana is offline Registered User

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We gave her one month notice, which made me so regret. I should have given her one month salary and let her go asap. But now I'm so happy and relieved without the helper. I don't hire new one but I do advice one month "salary" in case someone is wondering which is better. Thanks, Cici!