Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By katie54321
  • 1 Post By MiniB

IVF from Government hospitals in Hong Kong

katie54321 is offline Registered User

IVF from Government hospitals in Hong Kong

I am planning to go for IVF as recommended by a private doctor in Hong Kong and few doctors abroad. And I prefer to do IVF in Hong Kong, but private clinics like Dr. Philip Ho would cost around HKD 100,000 to 120,000. That's very expensive for every cycle in Hong Kong Private clinic with no insurance coverage for IVF.
    Anyone tried IVF in any government hospital ? and what is the waiting time and cost for IVF in government hospital ?

I have read few old forums from 2008 and 2010, and they mention that waiting time could be 6 to 18 months. Which is difficult in my case, as doctor asked me to go for IVF asap.

creditcard likes this.

MiniB is offline Registered User

Hi Katie54321,

All the best on your ivf journey. When I asked about it a back in 2015, the waiting time was approx 2 years for the govt option. My appointment would have been later THIS YEAR! We opted to go private in the end and we have a gorgeous 16 month old boy as a result (but yeah, it wasn't cheap!).

I would suggest you sign up for the gov waiting list anyway even if you do decide to go private so if you still need cycles when your appointment comes up, you have an alternative to do it cheaper. It was approx HK$15,000 per cycle for max 3 cycles when I asked and you need to be under 40 years.

Good luck with it all!

creditcard likes this.

Alexrex2011 is offline Registered User

So do you try Queen mary hospital , or Yan On hospital?

I hope to stay here soothing mothers ivf journey difficult mood, hope not to get lost, hoping to try to take a 80% to 90% quasi-ivf success rate. So, I hope you can try me this method Li help the first ivf treatment, first repair the endometrial environment before deciding to do ivf again. The best together with her husband to reconcile the good, because the quality of the sperm will also determine the growth of the embryo, in fact, I am 38 years old and older have more ovaries, tried to naturally pregnant but 9 weeks abortion, seen two Chinese medicine is not successful, do 2 iui are also unsuccessful, after a friend introduced to a Chinese medicine in Causeway Bay, I began to mediate the body a half months, go to Prince of Wales Hospital to do the first ivf. Playing row of egg needle period, I was pouring 14 eggs, the doctors are stresses enough standard; pumping down after the eggs are conducive to further split the embryo was pretty, there are eight pretty embryos. Of course, all the way to continue to eat Chinese medicine conditioning the uterine environment, endometrium, so that the state is good to help the embryo continue to nurture, I was placed in two AA grade fresh tires, to the last keep live tokens to 30 weeks that my twin boys was born on the world under 1st time of IVF procedure!! So Chinese medicine auxiliary function is really work !! To iui or ivf treatment to increase the chance of implantation, Chinese medicine is indeed not help! In particular, the uterine environment by the effect of more than a square medicine, it is necessary to adjust the preparation A lot of money to invest, time and spirit to pay are acceptable, as a matter of success do not have to face many times ivf on what is worth! Hope that by my generous help you decide or find a way to help themselves , If you are interested with my method with this kind of chinese medicine, thank you time, you can call me at any time, Tel: 60537951-whatsapp ,I am Rachel! Wish you early pregnancy!

weijiayun is offline Registered User

Hi Mini B,

Where did you have your IVF treatment and how was your experience (i.e. how many cycles, was the fertility issue known?) DH and I have been told we will need IVF due to male factors