Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Confused & panicked mummy to be

Teamkj is offline Registered User

Confused & panicked mummy to be

I am due Feb 2018, currently living in Malaysia due to my hubby being seconded for one year, his secondment finishes here in Dec so he will be back in the office in Hk in Dec.
    Due to it being a year we packed everything up and moved. I am thinking of moving back in nov time.

It wasn't quite the plan to get pregnant right now but we had said we would let it happen when it happens as we didn't want to put any pressure on it! Maybe naive but we are so happy even though I am now stressing out a bit of the logistics.

So....having sleepless nights trying to get my head around everything.

We are hoping to move back to N.T maybe Sham Tseng, tsuen wan or tsing yi.

Originally had the plan to go public and if I'm right The public hospital would be Princess Margaret??

I just saw that by going the public route I will need to sign up and attend a clinic with a perm address etc, am I crazy thinking it will be ok to come back in Dec if I'm due in feb? This sounds like it could be difficult.....

I plan to have a c section due to personal reasons and again panicking that it will be too much of a rush....

I am looking at the possibility of going private if that means it will be more organised if I can book it now etc....I was looking at Tsen Wan Adventist?

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment, mainly due to not being in HK.

Sorry for my probably long winded questions... if anybody has any advice it would be much appreciated! Thanks ladies x

Clairenn is offline Registered User

Hi Teamkj,

Hope you're doing all right with the planning?

The only way to get registered at the HK Public hospital is with your HKID card, but I'm sure your husband's company will process the immigration papers in advance of his arrival in HK.
    Then you have to go to the hospital and register (yours and your husband's HKID, proof of address, letter from your OB stating your due date).
    From there, there is no issue, public care is free.
    The only thing is that they don't do C section for convenience. They will do a C section for medical reasons only.
    You can register anyway and decide to go to private hospital after.

The other option is private, more expensive but you can have elective C section.
    The Union hospital in ShaTin was recommended to me by a friend.

Hope that helps!