New poster, please be gentle.

My wife is covered for pregnancy with my work insurance, but babies are not until we register them within 30 days. We are having twins so suspect there might be some complications.

We are planning to deliver in Matilda (assuming they aren't pre-term). I've heard stories (first hand from other work colleagues) where their baby was delivered in Matilda and there were complications and the baby needed treating. Result was because the baby was not covered they had to pay out of their pockets.

I've spoken to work and our broker has confirmed that the babies can be covered within 30 days of birth, however am still trying to clarify if they can be covered as soon as they are delivered and born.

The other issue is the cost. We are presently covered with Cigna at work and the price is around USD6.7k a year for my wife. Its not cheap for sure, but it is worldwide and fully comprehensive. Adding the kids will be an additional USD6.7k a year (so a total of USD13.5k for all three).

Any other suggestions for coverage, covering both wife and kids (from newborn)? I am going to speak to a broker (probably CCW), but wondering if there are any other suggestions / options. The coverage for my wife doesn't need to include pregnancy and we would consider HK only coverage, as long as its comprehensive.