Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


Where to go for OHSS in Hk if I’ve done my ivf abroad

  1. #1
    Ea Nitsche Holm is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016

    Where to go for OHSS in Hk if I’ve done my ivf abroad

    Hello all.
    I’m doing my IVF in India because I am not married and therefore cannot do it in HK. I have just done my egg retrieval yesterday and the doctor said that I have responded a little too well to the drugs so there is a risk that I will get ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome after embryo transfer when I get back to HK. I promised her to seek medical help immediately if I should start to show symptoms (I’m feeling rather rough and very bloatedtoday, so I’m hoping it is not already happening)
    My question is; where do you recommend I seek help if this happens? I obviously can’t go to my IVF clinic as it is in India. Can I approach the public hospitals or would a private fertility clinic be better? I’m just trying to be prepared for what might come. Thanks so much

  2. #2
    rani's Avatar
    rani is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

    I would think it would be best to find a private Dr in Hong Kong.

    Dr Sally Ferguson is back in Hong Kong and working at Lauren Bramley's office. Also, Dr Derek Lo specializes in fertility.

    Got my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Similar Threads

  1. IUI & OHSS question
    By Erib32 in forum Preconception
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 09:57 AM
  2. hols abroad with 8 mth
    By glee in forum Baby Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 04:42 PM
  3. Ohss
    By AC1234 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 06:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top