Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby ear tag removal in Hong Kong

TeeyaLong is offline Registered User

Baby ear tag removal in Hong Kong

If anyone's baby or child has gone through ear tag removal surgery in Hong Kong, please let me know. I am looking for recommendations of pediatric surgeons/plastic surgeons.

Thank you all for your help.

I would like to add that we have already consulted with general surgeon at Princess Margaret hospital. And they have given an appointment for surgery in 2019 September. That is around the time that my little girl would start Kindergarten. So I would like to see if we can do the surgery earlier through private.

Also we have already gone to a Pediatric Surgeon (private clinic) under our insurance panel. But he didn't explain about the procedure, he was more interested on letting us know the cost if he did the surgery.
    I want to know if there are any surgeons who knows about ear tags or has experience in removing ear tags. Hence, looking for first hand recommendations.

Thank you!!

rani is offline Administrator

Hi, there are a few Drs who do the surgery, but not sure of costs. Best to call their practice and see if you can get some info from the nurses.

Dr David Man
    Dr Kenneth Hui
    Dr Ho Chiu Ming

Also, some insurance providers consider it cosmetic and may not cover it. They may need some convincing.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Hi Rani,

Many thanks for your recommendations.

May I know how you knew that these doctors do surgery on ear tags? Just asking as google hasn't been particularly helpful with surgeons doing ear tag removal in HK.

We are also aware that the ear tag removal is cosmetic and not covered by insurance. But how do we convince them otherwise. Any tips?

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeyaLong View Post
    Hi Rani,

Many thanks for your recommendations.

May I know how you knew that these doctors do surgery on ear tags? Just asking as google hasn't been particularly helpful with surgeons doing ear tag removal in HK.

We are also aware that the ear tag removal is cosmetic and not covered by insurance. But how do we convince them otherwise. Any tips?
    Asked a friend. Kenneth Hui and David Man have been highly recommended on GeoBaby for other surgeries.

Regarding insurance, the Dr should be able to give you some advise.

Best of luck!
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002