Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tsan Yuk / Queen Mary registration with tests already done

Beckyjeanlove is offline Registered User

Tsan Yuk / Queen Mary registration with tests already done

Hi there!

I am 11 weeks pregnant and have already had scans and required blood tests through Central Health. They have also given me a referral letter for Queen Mary which is my hospital of choice to deliver.

However they failed to mention I need to first register at Tsan Yuk. It’s fine because Its still early and I have time, but is it possible to not have to repeat these tests again, and just pass on the results from my doctor?

Central health mentioned if I visit Queen Mary directly I may be able to register with my letter and skip Tsan Yuk - but I don’t want to waste my time if I definitely need to register via Tsan Yuk first. It just seems like a lot of unnecessary double handling when I’ve had all necessary checks, and my 13 and 20 week scans booked via private doctors. Any advice? This is all so confusing!

Much appreciated.

Philipsmama is offline Registered User

Hi! Have you registered yet? Call the antenatal registration number on this page: http://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/hkwc/v3...N_20130626.pdf

http://www.ha.org.hk/haho/ho/hkwc/v3/doc/ga_HKWC-Contact-TYH_EN_20130626.pdf

You might have to call more than once. The receptionist may not have the best English, but the nurses and doctors are fine.

evulen is offline Registered User

Hi beckyjeanlove,

I'm 17 weeks and just registered at Tsan Yuk today. I was previously seeing a private obstetrician, and was also not told I had to register at Tsan Yuk (to deliver at QMH). I had my blood tests and NIPTY test results done previously, and brought them to Tsan Yuk. So I didn't have to retake any tests. But because I'm 35, they are having me take OBTT at QMH (which my private OB said wasn't necessary).

Luckily, I was able to book a structural scan today at Tsan Yuk, because they managed to squeeze me in. Otherwise, would suggest you book it before 15/16 weeks. If you're doing it privately, then just tell the nurses at TY and they ask you to just bring the report with you next time.

The nurses at Tsan Yuk asked if I want to continue to do my scans with my private doctor, or with TY, so they can arrange accordingly. TY also told me I can get weekly scans with them during the 4 wks leading up to my due date.

Hope that helps?