Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Seeking English speaking Obgyn recommendations in HK

Likhojyotiko is offline Registered User

Seeking English speaking Obgyn recommendations in HK

We found out that we are pregnant very recently. This is our first time and are now overwhelmed with the information and Obgyn options for maternity in HK.
    I prefer a female OB and a bit of internet search comes up with names like Dr. Zara Chan, Dr. Tracy Yeung and Dr. Grace Cheung.
    I am open to other female Obgyn recommendations as well.
    For those that have used either one of these doctors, can you please kindly give me your review regarding

-- pro-natural delivery (my preference is natural delivery)
    -- experiences
    -- bedside manner
    -- office equipment
    -- cost (including the antenatal and post-natal care)
    -- time spent in each appointment (do you feel rushed? do you feel the dr has explained everything well?)
    -- waiting time
    -- caring
    -- Do they accept patients looking to deliver in public system?
    -- Which private hospitals they are affiliated to for delivery?
    Also, what is typically done in a regular prenatal visit? is an ultrasound/sonogram done everytime?

Many thanks in advance!

alj likes this.

alj
    alj is offline Registered User

I had Christina Hui. Pricey - if I remember correctly each visit was 1500 and then delivery was 45-50 - but she is excellent. Ultrasound at every visit and *excellent* in a crisis. Saved my baby when I almost miscarried at 7-8 weeks. Quite detailed although she is actively delivering babies 24/7 so sometimes appointments get delayed. She accepts patients delivering publicly and her main affiliation is Matilda

Dear Alj, Thanks for responding. I understand that Christina Hui is associated with Central health same as Dr. Grace Cheung. I see Dr. Grace recommended fervently on all these forums. Any reason you chose Dr, Hui over Dr. Cheung?

alj likes this.

alj

I’ve heard good things about Grace as well - for me it was just that Christina was easier to get appointments with (at least at the time I was looking)

Dear Alj, Thanks for the info. I am also finding it difficult to get Dr. Grace appointment. Can you please let me know if Dr. Hui is pro natural? As I am really looking for a natural birth in case of no complications.

alj likes this.

alj

Definitely pro natural - this was very important to me as well.

richasp is offline Registered User

Hi, if I may jump into this thread..I have realised recently that I am pregnant also and share similar concerns to Likhojyotiko...any idea how many appointments may be needed? also where is this doc based? and in case we plan to finally deliver the baby back in our home country, would they still be helpful?

alj

The one I recommended was in central. If I remember right it was appts once a month and then once a week / every two weeks towards the end. I think you’d probably still need an ob in HK even if delivering back home - but I think a lot of the HK OBs have credentials from elsewhere in addition to HK so may be worth looking for one with credentials from your home country as well? Best of luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast