Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By isa933

Queen Mary delivery - Covid19

Piou is offline Registered User

Queen Mary delivery - Covid19

Hello, I’m due to deliver early May 2020 in Queen Mary. I hear that due to the virus, the hospital is now restricting visits which also includes the fathers... meaning they are not allowed in delivery room.
    Does anyone have any information on this?

JWilliams is offline Registered User

Hi,

I had an antenatal apt. at QMH last Fri and they confirmed that this was still the case (no visitors, no fathers allowed in the delivery room). They did not know how long this policy would be in effect for though so hopefully the situation may be different for you in May!

isa933 is offline Registered User

Hi
    I delivered a month ago at QM. It’s true, no visitors are allowed at the moment, though that might change by May. My husband was allowed to come into the hospital to K9 and drop me off. They moved me straight to the labour ward at which point we had to say goodbye. The staff were pretty good about letting me use the phone to call him and update him as things progressed.

Our baby needed to go into the paediatric ward for 1 night and parents are still allowed to visit there so he could go and see our baby during visiting hours - 4-8pm (if I remember correctly).

After delivery, they let him come up to the réception at K9 to drop off some things to me occasionally but it wasn’t easy. He was never allowed to come in to my bedside.

They are letting people be discharged as early as possible in order to avoid risk of infection. They seemed pretty worried about that. We left just over 24 hours after delivery.

Hope that helps.

Editor likes this.

Piou is offline Registered User

Thanks a lot JWilliams and Isa933 for your feedbacks (and congrats Isa933!) .

It seems actually a bit less terrible than I expected (I thought there would be no visitation at all so the dad wouldn't be able to see his child until we are discharged). I hope things will settle by then :(

isa933 is offline Registered User

It depends on the health of your baby. Ours had a small medical problem so couldn’t be in the post labour ward with me but in the paediatric ward. But if your baby is perfectly healthy, he/she will be in the post labour ward and in that case baby’s father won’t be able to see the baby until after discharge.
    Maybe speak to them at your next appointment as things might be changing.

CKP
    CKP is offline Registered User

Hello isa933,

Is it standard that they let you use the phone to update your husband ?
    During my last antenatal visit I asked the mid-wife about it and she said unfortunately you need to give birth alone and no cellphones allowed in the room because it will interfere with their monitoring system :(

You're good to have gone through this alone! Cheers

Editor is offline Administrator

Not sure if you've seen this but if the hospital decides to schedule you for a C-section you may get transferred to the Sanitaroium,

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ospital-prices