Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hypatc
  • 1 Post By kemilaubella

Confinement Nanny in HK

hypatc is offline Registered User

Confinement Nanny in HK

Hi mothers-to-be. My name is Pat and I am a confinement nanny. I am 42 years old. I am a mother of 2 boys, 14 and 8 years old. I am fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia.

I am a certified post-natal caregiver from the HK ERB, and I have undergone all the training and exams (certificate available upon request).

I enjoy cooking and taking care of newborn infants, which is why I took the course. I understand the anxieties new mothers have when their babies arrive. I believe the role of a confinement nanny is to not only cook and care for both mommy and baby, but also to provide emotional support and reassurance during this daunting period. New mothers can be overwhelmed and experience an emotional rollercoaster as their bodies change after birth. When I had my babies, I was blessed to have a nanny with me. Not only was she a great help to my family when the newborns came, but she also inspired me to help other mothers.

I am Malaysian Chinese and moved to Hong Kong in 2000. After venturing into this industry, I have studied different types of post-natal cuisines from all different backgrounds and I enjoy incorporating them into my meal planning. I plan my menu based on the type of food the mommy enjoys. However, I will make food suggestions based on mom’s condition and physical health. Confinement food tend to have a reputation of being “medicinal” and bland. It does not have to be, food needs to be nutritious and balanced.

Having a confinement nanny at home is temporary. New mothers should take the opportunity to learn basic baby caring skills from her, such as bathing baby, changing nappies, feeding, cleaning milk bottles etc. It is essential that I part my knowledge before I leave every mother so that they can be confident and enjoy their time with their babies. If the key care giver of the baby is the domestic helper, I would also be more than happy to train her to look after baby. After all, if the mother needs to go back to work, she should have a peace of mind leaving her baby in good hands.

Do give me a call if you’re interested. I am more than happy to meet with you and your family. I understand that having a new person in the house can be uncomfortable, so it’s very important that everyone at home is at ease with my presence. Thank you and wishing all moms-to-be a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Pgslee and meliza like this.

Usernamecho is offline Registered User

Hi Pat, i sent you a msg! Or pls contact me. 60560832

kemilaubella is offline Registered User

Hi Pat are you available for nov 22, pm me if you are thanks

hypatc likes this.