Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By littlefeet

How to know which public hospital to register

littlefeet is offline Registered User

How to know which public hospital to register

Hi ladies,
    Hope you can share some experience with registration for delivery in a public hospital.
    I currently live in Tseung Kwan O area. From what I am reading online, I will need to bring a doctor's letter that I am pregnant, to go to MCHC at Tseung Kwan O to register and for first antenatal check up. However, what I am not sure is:
    - Will I be assigned to a public hospital in the area, which would be Tseung Kwan O hospital?
    - Will I have an option from the list of hospitals which use shared antenatal service of Tseung Kwan O MCHC to choose from, which are Queen Elizabeth Hospital, United Christian Hospital and Tseung Kwan O hospital?

Anyone has information on how HK public system classifies which hospitals for which areas of residence? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

srisaha145 is offline Registered User

Hello!

I am living in Sai Kung and I am having all my antenatal check-ups at TKO hospital.
    Yes, you need to bring a doctor's letter that you're currently pregnant to the TKO hospital along with your address proof & register yourself if you plan to deliver the baby in a public hospital. You can do all the antenatal check-ups at the TKO hospital which includes your blood screening, downs screening, etc.

But TKO hospital doesn't facilitate the delivery of baby so you'll be sent to United Christian Hospital in Kwun Tong.
    Btw, the hospital allotment is done based on your locality so one cannot choose if the desired hospital is from another cluster.

Cheers, and hope that helps!
    sahi145

littlefeet is offline Registered User

That really helps. Thank you so much for your reply :)

srisaha145 likes this.