Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Hong Kong and are TTC.

Over a year ago, we went to a fertility clinic in the Middle East, just because they had a free fertility check up. We planned to have kids but at the time of check up we weren't actively trying.

As a 30 year old, the number of eggs from an ultrasound are 'on par' with what's normal. My husband's results came back with low count, poor morphology and poor motility - he is 30 too. This was a hard news, but we thought maybe they were due to lifestyle choices.

We repeated a semen analysis after 3 months at a different clinic, similar results but with slightly different classifications. We then saw a urologist who inspected and did an ultrasound to find grade 2/3 varicocele and suggested having a varicocelectomy and to take Pro-fertil.

Four months later we did another semen analysis at a different clinic, different country and there have been no improvements whatsoever. The urologist said the surgery was successful but we were not in the 60/70% that experience improvement and have advised IVF.

Given known fertility, we would like advice on where to go for a consultation, IVF doctors etc, this would be the start of our journey. At the moment only he has a job; cost and expectation management will be crucial as I've heard IVF is hard!

Hope someone is able to share their experiences. Where should we go first?

Keep safe.