Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

Vonnie is offline Registered User

We are presently trying for a baby and have gone through our first cycle of IVF. If lucky, I will be looking for a hospital to register with in the coming months.

Am I correct in saying that as a non-permanent resident in HK that the charges I will end up paying at a public hospital like QM for example will be relatively the same as the Matilda?

We have no insurance and don't have time to stop and think about that line of attack any further.

Can anyone help with this?

Miggy is offline Registered User

Hi, as a non-permanent resident, you enjoy the very low rates offered by government hospitals. I am a non-permanent resident and gave birth at Queen Mary Hospital late last year. In only paid about HK$350.00 for the entire delivery (this cost includes all medicines, anaesthesia (all kinds including epidural), own/private labor and delivery room,etc...

I was in the maternity ward and it was not bad at all. The nurses and doctors really take care of you. Even if some nurses cannot speak good english, they still try to communicate with you (hand gestures) to see if you need anything from them.

My baby had to stay in the ICU for 7 days and the fee was only HK$350.00 including all medicines.

I highly recommend QMH even as a public patient.

Vonnie is offline Registered User

Hi Miggy,

Thanks so much for your response it's helped set my mind at rest about the whole cost of having a baby in HK.

From what I hear a lot of people seem to recommend QM and let's face it, if anything goes wrong with your baby at the Matilda they have to take your baby to the QM for care, so it makes more sense to be there, just in case. Every second counts in an emergency!

Thanks again
    Vonnie

Miggy is offline Registered User

Goodluck to you and your husband. Hope to hear from you when the baby comes

Take care.

Annabel is offline Registered User

Question Giving birth at QMH: Sibling visitors to the Maternity wards

I have about 6 weeks to go and have been having my antenatel checkups at the Tsun Yuk and am due to have my baby at QMH (so far the service has been fantatstic and I'm really impressed) I know that children are not allowed in the Maternity ward but I have a 6 year old daughter who will be really upset if she can't hold her baby brother. Do the staff at QMH kick up a fuss if you take your baby out of the ward to the lobby for a few minutes? Also I have heard there are private rooms that you can stay in if they are available. Does anybody know what the visiting regulations and cost of these are?

Slee is offline Registered User

They definitely kick up a fuss as your baby will have an electronic alarm attached to its hospital bracelet. A friend had a C-Section at QMH in January and went home after TWO DAYS as she was missing her one year old son so much!

carang is offline Registered User

i was in QMH four times throughout my pregnancy(the last tiem i was in for 2 weeks prior to my boy's birth)...i have never seen an alarm bracelet...i could be wrong though...

i was discharged after 3 days...i had an emergency c-section on feb 12, 2005...

intrigue is offline Registered User

yes the baby's ankle bracelet has an alarm thing attached to it so you can't take it out the doors but what you can do is stand near the doors (outside the yellow lines mind!) and show your baby to someone outside... there will be about 10-12 feet between you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast