Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

kasiad is offline Registered User

What are the procedures for a non-res, public in QMH?

Hi Thread,

We are a Brit/Franco couple, moving to HK in early May and we have heard very good news about the facilities in the QMH.
    As regards our registration. As yet we are non-res. Do you think that we can register in the public ward for the birth ?
    Do you have any knowledge about the procedures that we need to go through, or some practicle advice that can get us started, as we are expecting for the end of July.

Very many thanks

The Brit/Franco couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy
    Hi, as a non-permanent resident, you enjoy the very low rates offered by government hospitals. I am a non-permanent resident and gave birth at Queen Mary Hospital late last year. In only paid about HK$350.00 for the entire delivery (this cost includes all medicines, anaesthesia (all kinds including epidural), own/private labor and delivery room,etc...

I was in the maternity ward and it was not bad at all. The nurses and doctors really take care of you. Even if some nurses cannot speak good english, they still try to communicate with you (hand gestures) to see if you need anything from them.

My baby had to stay in the ICU for 7 days and the fee was only HK$350.00 including all medicines.

I highly recommend QMH even as a public patient.

carang is offline Registered User
    my advice would be: AS SOON AS YOU GET HERE.... go and get your HK ID card. Once, you have that, you are eligible for the "resident" pricing and fees..

dudu is offline Registered User

private patient at QMH

anyone know if I can choose my own doctor from the hospital if I go for private patient ?

any recommended doctor in the hospital ?

davidandgrace is offline Registered User
    Hi all, I would like to have the charge for Baptist hospital and Kwong Wah hospital, can help?

myblr2003 is offline Registered User
    hi is it safe to always have a ultrasound everytime a pregnant mother has a prenatal check up?
    i am seeing dr.stephanie chow in central and its like 2,500hkd everytime i see her as she gives me an ultra sound everytime costs is 800 plus consultation plus plus so every 3 weeks it cashes up to 2500hkd. Is it possible to still change doctors as iam due in sept 16/this year?
    Last edited by myblr2003; 05-16-2008 at 12:24 PM.

carang is offline Registered User
    you can change drs anytime you like.
    i think private drs do so many ultrasounds because it's more $$$ for them! they assume that everyone has insurance to cover the cost.

i had a lot of ultrasounds during my 2 pregnancies at QMH, but i had 2 very complicated pregnancies. it isn't normal in the public system. the norm for the public system is 2 ultrasounds for the whole pregnancy.

i don't think that u/s harm the baby at all though... i think i had at least 8 ultrasounds during each of my pregnacies and both of my kids are happy and healthy.

bigbook is offline Registered User

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Tours are held every Saturday at 12 noon (except public holidays and typhoon no. 8 or above). The gathering place is at K Block 6/F, i.e. the lobby outside K6S ward of our Hospital.

Make sure to call before you arrive for the tour! My wife and I just showed up, assuming that the tour was in the English language...no, only Cantonese.

Apparently the English language tours are held during the week.

I hope that this helps.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    There is an English tour on Saturdays, but I think it's like every 4th Saturday or something like that. I had the dates for the English tours but I chucked them out, sorry! It was in the pack that they give you when you register...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast