Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by dudu View Post
    anyone know if I can choose my own doctor from the hospital if I go for private patient ?

any recommended doctor in the hospital ?

yes - you can choose your doctor, but if you go private you will first need a referral letter from an outside OBGYN. i am with Dr C.P. Lee and she is very thorough...though also very busy

Minny is offline Registered User

miggy

Hi Miggy
    I am thinking of getting my maternity planned at queens mary hospital. I saw some positive reviews that you have posted for the hospital.That is very encouraging for me.It seems impossible that they charge only 350 hkd for the entire process.Was that a typo at your end?Also there are two types general and private.do they give all these facilities in private?or general.
    Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    $350 is for public care. and it is correct. it includes everything IF you have valid HKID. it costs $100/day. private care at QMH is not much cheaper than private anywhere else.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using GeoClicks Mobile

if you do not have a HKID card, here are the charges: http://www3.ha.org.hk/hkwc/ppi/downl...ep_obs_eng.pdf

if you DO have a valid HKID card, then here are the charges: http://www3.ha.org.hk/hkwc/ppi/downl...vision_eng.pdf

Aquarian is offline Registered User
    $350 is based on a 3 night stay in hospital - if you need to stay for longer it would cost more, but that covers all treatment, medicine, surgery, everything.

can non-residents register anymore? i thought from 1st jan this year hospitals aren't allowed to take ANY non residents (apart from via a&e).

not sure.... but the prices i quoted are for all services, not just maternity.

charade is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    private care at QMH is not much cheaper than private anywhere else.
    People keep saying this but my research says otherwise. Someone I contacted who went this route told me three days in a PRIVATE room at QMH for a vaginal delivery cost 40,000$. Even if it's gone up since then, it wouldn't be more than 60,000$.

I was quoted $60-80,000 for a vaginal delivery in a WARD in Baptist Hospital, which is already cheaper than other private hospitals on Hong Kong Island. So one would be paying the same or less in QMH-private for a PRIVATE room. A PRIVATE room in Baptist could go up to 100,000 or more. I would definitely say private in QMH is substantially cheaper.

Another thing that seems to scare people about private in QMH is that the antenatal charges are also "private". But the charges are around 550hkd, which is again cheaper than private antenatal care at HK$700-1000.

For some people, private at a public hospital might indeed be a good option. If anyone is considering it, speak to people who have actually gone through that system or who have found out in detail what it costs.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast