Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Maternity Charges at Queen Mary Hospital

Minny is offline Registered User

Thanks dear
    You mean to say that I should take both the services private and public..
    Well I am not pregnant yet but this month I missed my period so was worried..any advice on insurance policy if I can have any?
    Thanks again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Aquarian is offline Registered User

i don't think many, if any, insurance companies would cover maternity costs if you're already pregnant when you apply, the exception being if you have insurance through your employer and they change insurance provider.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Minny is offline Registered User

Thanks
    Well I am not pregnant now but planning to conceive soon

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Editor is offline Administrator

Quick Note:

We called the QMH this morning to see if the tours were still going on and their response was:

Maternity Ward visits at Tsan Yuk Hospital and Queen Mary Hospital are currently available several times a week. Visits are by appointment only. Please call call 2589 2100 to book a date.

krystal_kk is offline Registered User

Reading this thread has been immensely helpful! However, I'm confused with how public hospitals have private wards. How do they differ from real private hospitals? Is it just the bed space? How about the doctors? And treatment? Will they be all experienced Dr.s or will u still get the chance of a trainee if you go in the private section of public hospitals? Thanks so much for your help! From a super nerve wracked mother to be!!

meimeid is offline Registered User

I delivered in the private section of QMH. Basically one main difference with public is that you work with one obgyn during the full pregnancy. It's not guaranteed that he/she will be at the delivery, but in my case my doctor was. Another difference is that you stay in a private or semi-private room, in a separate (more quiet) section. Visiting hours were a bit flexible as well. And I noticed that the food I got was different, more choice I believe? That's about it. You deliver in the same delivery rooms, you go to the same informative talks.

I think my costs for room/ vaginal delivery were a little over 50K (2yrs ago) and doctor charges were approx HKD1000 each time.

Bear in mind that costs could exceed this if there are complications. That's why I this time (yes pregnant again!) am going public now that my insurance has changed and covers less... I think the only thing I would miss is the private room, so I could spend quiet time with hubby and baby.

Aditi Aggarwal is offline Registered User

Hello,

I am considering going to private Qhm too!!. I wanted to know can you choose your doc and if yes, who was yours?

What's the process of booking the first appointment??

meimeid is offline Registered User

You can choose yes, but they are the ones accepting you, so sometimes they might not due to different reasons. As for the booking, just go to their private section to enquire. Bring reference letter and ID.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast