Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Do you use cot bumpers

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Do you use Cot Bumpers?

odm_post is offline Registered User
    We did with all 3 of them. 'Cause they tend to roll around and bump their heads on the bars, thus waking them up :P We used them until they're really old (2 yo I think :P) simply because they liked to snuggle around it :P Never had any problem with it, now our children are 5,4 and 3 ;)
    Last edited by odm_post; 07-04-2006 at 02:55 PM.

capital is offline Banned
    We never used bumper pads with either child and they never injured themselves. I think children learn where the sides are, just like adults do. In my mind even if they did injure themselves, a stuck arm, or bonk on the head is a lot less serious than suffocating to death, strangling on the ties, or using them as a boost and falling out of the crib and hitting the head a lot harder.

Babar is offline Registered User
    We didn't intend to use a bumper because of the risks of SIDS but ended up buying one when she was a few months old and was alot more active and kept getting her arms and legs stuck between the rails. I think it depends on what type of cot you buy, if the rails are quite far apart then maybe it's better to have one. Although the padded bumpers look much nicer and cosier, I have seen mesh versions available which would prevent arms and legs getting stuck and allow more ventilation than conventional bumpers.

cinnamon is offline Registered User
    We never used them, because of SIDS risk, my daughter is now 7 months and spins herself around 180degrees in the cot!
    Sometimes she pushes her head up against the side, but I dont think that she can get enough momentum going to hurt herself too much!
    We used a mobile which she seemed to love for stimulation (also the aircon grate seemed to hold an endless fascination for her)
    I agree with capital, why take the risk? a stuck foot or a bump on the head (you'll know cos they will cry out) is better than a possibility of suffocation (you may not know cos you may not be able to hear them cry )

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    We used one but tied the bumper to one side of the cot (next to the wall) so my daughter still can see us through the bar. She loves the bumper very much and keeps herself amused and entertained by the toys and pictures on the bumper. She never bumped her head onto the bar of the other side.

When she was 15 months old, she climbed out from the cot, from the side without the bumper. So, we had to take the gate down and made her cot into a toddler bed. The bumper is still tied at the wall side bar. She is 22 months old now and still enjoy playing with the toys on the bumper.

JennyB is offline Registered User
    We use them on the lower half of the cot (feet end) with newborn because of arms/legs getting stuck between the bars. Will remove them when turning 180degs is a likelihood. Don't consider it dangerous when sleeping in same room and I'm a light sleeper.

Neha is offline Banned
    Krish loves his bumper we used it from beginning and even now that he is 7 months he rolls he loves it. He goes and sleeps hear the bumper and even hugs it. He has animals on the bumper so he makes a lot of noises looking at the bumper.He loves kicking the bumper to see what is across.

LittlePumpkins is offline Registered User
    I didn't.My babies (the first one and the last one) love taking beddings out of cot since they were 9 months old. They take (the third one still does it) the mattress cover and the blanket off and throw them out of the cot every time they wake up from sleep. My oldest kid even took the mattress out of the cot (couldn't imagine he did that)! --> and he hurt his chin once because of that.

So, putting bumpers on just useless for them....lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast