Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breastfeeding Seminar

rani is offline Administrator

Breastfeeding Seminar

Breastfeeding Seminar

Pregnant?
    Want to find out more about Breastfeeding?
    New Mother?

This unique two-part seminar will help ensure breastfeeding is a
    successful and happy experience for you and your baby from birth
    and beyond.

SESSIONS COVERING:
    · Benefits of Breastfeeding
    · Birth and Getting a Good Start
    · How to Tell if Baby is Getting Enough Milk
    · Possible Problems: Engorgement, Sore Nipples, Plugged Ducts and Mastitis
    (Breast Infection)
    · Working and Breastfeeding, Storage and Handling of Breast Milk
    · Nutrition and Weaning

Dates: Saturday 22nd and 29th March 2003
    Time: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Venue: Health Education Exhibition and Resource Centre
    Block S4, Kowloon Park, Tsim Sha Tsui
    Cost: $500 *

*Price covers admission for 2 adults and includes a copy of the book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.

Leaders accredited by La Leche League International, the world’s foremost authority on breastfeeding, will conduct the Seminar.

For further details contact Sarah Hung (2548-7636) or Judi Trudel (2987-5809)
    La Leche League – Hong Kong, Flat 10D, Hoover Mansion, 10-16 Oaklands Path, Mid-levels, Hong Kong
    Last edited by rani; 02-05-2003 at 09:20 PM.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Chinchilla is offline Registered User
    I am newly pregnant with my first child and am hoping to breastfeed.
    Can anyone recommend this course?
    Do you have any information about the organisation, La Leche League?

Congratulations Chincilla!!!

Sorry I haven't attended this particular seminar, but if you do plan on breastfeeding its best to make contact with the La Leche league as they'll be able to answer any questions you may have.

Why not attend their talk on the 20th and meet some of the La Leche leaders? I'm sure they'll be able to address any questions you may have about the seminar too.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/calenda...nfo&eventid=74

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Dear Chinchilla,

La Leche League is a breastfeeding mother-to-mother support group. We hold regular meetings where mothers discuss breastfeeding and related aspects of childcare. We aim to provide the information, support and encouragement that mothers need to successfully breastfeed their babies.

The breastfeeding seminar will be more formal than a regular meeting with the Leaders presenting the material in a traditional lecture style (although questions are very much welcomed) - rather than the group participation format. La Leche League Leaders are mothers, who have successfully breastfed their own babies, been accepted and completed the training required by LLLI.

Last year Judi and I attended the Pan Asian Lactation Consultants Association PALCA Regional Conference in Hong Kong. One of the things we learnt was that mothers in Hong Kong were more successful at breastfeeding when they had attended antenatal classes. We talked about this and decided that a seminar devoted to breastfeeding in addition to the usual antenatal classes was something that we could do to help the new mothers breastfeed.

La Leche League International has a very extensive web site that covers many subjects including Frequently Asked Questions and contact for local Leaders around the world. http://www.lalecheleague.org/

Best wishes,
    SARAH

Sarah Hung
    LLL Leader in Hong Kong
    Tel: 2548-7636
    E-maill: [email protected]

Ringmaster is offline Registered User

breastfeeding info

Hi there,
    Wow! I really admire people like you who are so organized as to think of breastfeeding before the baby arrives! I was so focused on the labour and delivery that I completely neglected this part of parent-education. As a result I did run into challenges with feeding my son - but thankfully I was able to connect with LLL to help get things corrected. I only wish I had been able to take such a course before the birth of my first child, so I would strongly recommend this for anyone who has a chance. And since it is offered by LLL, well from my experience, it's bound to be good.

Ringmaster,

I was the same. I was so stressed about the labor and all the things that I needed to get for the baby that I completly forgot about educating myself on breastfeeding.

The mid-wives at the Adventist were excellent, very supportive and they gave me a crash course on bfing. The only thing I wish I had done was pumped earlier cos I got a bad case of mastitis.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

stephchoy is offline Registered User
    Dear Chincilla,

I just had my first child this past December and intend to breastfeed her exclusively at least for the first year. I was only able to attend one La Leche League meeting before I gave birth but managed to pick up a copy of "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" there. It's a 500 page breastfeeding classic, which not only explains exactly why breastfeeding is so beneficial to your baby but gives you lots of practical advice . Apart from that, I was glad to have made some contact with the La Leche League leaders there so that I had someone to turn to when I ran into difficulties.

I certainly wish they had had organized one of the seminars before I gave birth. Also I think $500 is a major deal since it includes the book as well and admission for 2! Try to attend their meetings as well if you can. You'll be able to be in the company of woman breastfeeding their babies and it's a beautiful sight.

Best Regards,
    Steph

jo33 is offline Registered User

another seminar?

I am very interested in the seminar but am still working in March. Will there be another one in April or May that I could attend?
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast