Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Birthday Party Venues

rani is offline Administrator

Birthday Party Venues

Hi,

We went to a bday party this weekend at the Bishop Lei Hotel on Robinson Rd. The party was on the Terrace and the kids had a blast.

They have a special bday package for $75/person and it includes an inflatable castle, face painting, balloon twister, and a selection of finger foods.

Any other good venues?
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Own home

I am a big believer in keeping kids birthday parties SIMPLE. The way some kids have birthday parties, you wonder what will happen for their weddings :)

I use the formula of "number of kids invited = Childs age X 2 +1). The I add my own numbers which is "If I have more than 15 kids in my house I will go nuts".

Thus, for a 4th birthday the maximum number of guests would be kids would be 9.

I usually decorate w/ baloons and streamers (I hate "themese") and we play some simple games (pin the tail on the donbkey, pass the parcel, etc.) and give out prizes like small candy bars and little balls (go to stationary stores for little oddments, or Toys R Us sells minipots of playdough).

Some years I have managed to obtain white paper bags and the kids decorated them as part of the activities and used them to carry home their goodies.

Keep the party to 2 hours of less.

Have some wine, coffe, and softdrinks for the parents. Have juice and water for the kids.

Let them eat garbage (chips, pretzels, candy) and then bring on the cake and ice cream.

If you don't have an oven to bake your own, the cakes at Maxims or Arome other bakeries are very acceptable to the little ones.

shri is offline Administrator
    You know .. sometimes we forget who the parties are for, the kids or the parents. :)

Loupou, brilliant suggestions. Thanks for providing a contrarian view point to the norm of overdoing it at parties, because the joneses overdid it also.

HKMum is offline Registered User

Birthday parties

I agree that parties should be aimed at the children(obvious).
    But i think putting in some effort also makes for a great day for all the little one's friends and family members.
    I think having a theme makes the party easier to plan as, you can organize all the decorations and cake etc. around that theme.
    As for the party guest list...i think the more the merrier. And it's your little one's birthday....go nuts for a day!!
    Go all out....have fun and take lot's of great photos for the birthday album.
    my thoughts........

pattyt is offline Registered User

gymboree for little kids

we went to a party on sunday morning at gymboree - the kids were all around 2-4 and they loved it.

shri is offline Administrator
    Not to sound too paranoid, but I'd avoid places like the Gymboree given the risks of cross-infections right now. If Gymboree sterlizes the toys then its fine -- both for parties and classes. If they don't they should be avoided. Same goes for any of the developmental classes -- check and see what their sterilisation / hygine and sick kid policies are.

I'm about to write a seperate article about irresponsible parents who take their sick kids to these classes without any concern for other kids around them.

Sorry .. I know I'm being off-topic and a bit too dark on a fun happy-happy thread. :)

kiwifi is offline Registered User

Unhappy any other kid's party venues?

Yes, it would be great if we could all organize simple parties for our kids in our home - for one thing, the birthday kid is in familiar surroundings and more likely to be in a good mood!

However, given the space limitations of the majority of HK families, most have no choice but to find an outside venue if we want to celebrate with a party. Great to hear about the Bishop Lei Hotel which will keep in mind for next year!

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi,

Have added a new section in the resource directory for bday venues.

So if anyone hears of any good places feel free to add them to the database.

Here's the link:

Party Venues
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast